Other M is the best Metroid I've ever played *spoilers*

#111SlimeSwayzePosted 2/13/2013 11:58:14 AM
I feel like the topic title is just another way of saying, "I'm a pretty shallow person and I have horrible taste in all things under the sun." That's just my take.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#112cucumberking(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 12:04:29 PM
SlimeSwayze posted...
I feel like the topic title is just another way of saying, "I'm a pretty shallow person and I have horrible taste in all things under the sun." That's just my take.

I have nothing against people who like the regular Metroid series. I'm trying to get into the other games in the series. Don't insult me for having a different opinion.

You originally said you didn't have a problem with me liking it, so I don't understand the attack the next day.
#113SlimeSwayzePosted 2/13/2013 12:06:09 PM
I slept on it.
---
#114abbyhitterPosted 2/13/2013 12:19:59 PM
Why are people mad that other people liked Other M? I don't understand it.

There is no standard for how a Metroid game should be.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#115darkjedilinkPosted 2/13/2013 12:25:22 PM
abbyhitter posted...

I personally don't have any problem with anyone who comes out and says that they like a bad game, even with its bad writing, bad combat, bad pacing and bad controls.

That's not what happened here. TC, and the other people supporting Other M, actually think all of those bad things are GOOD.

Yes, there is. There is an established canon that Other M took many dumps on, the combat has always been smooth and the writing has always been excellent.

And let's not forget the exploration, pretty much all of which was removed from Other M.

There's a reason why "Metroid-Vania" is pretty much it's own genre - it IS it's own standard, and Other M doesn't follow it in any way.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#116SlimeSwayzePosted 2/13/2013 12:32:02 PM
abbyhitter posted...

I disagree. The prior games set the standard, and Other M fell far short. And not just short, but entirely off course.
---
#117cucumberking(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 12:32:08 PM
darkjedilink posted...
abbyhitter posted...

I personally don't have any problem with anyone who comes out and says that they like a bad game, even with its bad writing, bad combat, bad pacing and bad controls.

That's not what happened here. TC, and the other people supporting Other M, actually think all of those bad things are GOOD.

Yes, there is. There is an established canon that Other M took many dumps on, the combat has always been smooth and the writing has always been excellent.

And let's not forget the exploration, pretty much all of which was removed from Other M.

There's a reason why "Metroid-Vania" is pretty much it's own genre - it IS it's own standard, and Other M doesn't follow it in any way.

Without risks, an IP will only stagnate. I've always liked your posts, so I'm not going to argue with you. I just disagree with you.
#118SlimeSwayzePosted 2/13/2013 12:35:42 PM
cucumberking posted...

Without risks, an IP will only stagnate. I've always liked your posts, so I'm not going to argue with you. I just disagree with you.

There is a difference between taking a risk and abandoning everything that once made a franchise great.
---
#119cucumberking(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 12:38:06 PM(edited)
Thanks for the discussion everyone. I don't think I have anything left to say.