Other M is the best Metroid I've ever played *spoilers*

#21StarmanJuniorPosted 2/11/2013 9:20:54 PM
Couldn't believe how bad other m was compared to the rest...it's okay if you like it, but Imo they completely killed most redeeming qualities in this one
---
It's been a long time, Buzz Buzz
#22AceMosPosted 2/11/2013 10:47:02 PM
samus DID act human in the other metroids

the prime games had subtle things that showed a real human

metroid zero mission the ending shows a picture she drew of her self a s little girl with the chozo (yes the chozo are the family that raised her she had a father in her life she didnt need adam)

prime 1 she chases down ridley to stop him and the pirates (no real fear of him beyond a quick shocked look that he is alive after metroid 1)

prime 1's ending she removes her helmet and stares off at the chozo ruins fondly rembering the chozo who raised her

prime 2 you see a dead federation trooper she bends down and closes his eyes

heck the verry plot of prime 2 shows her kind heart she was not geting payed or anything yet she still stayed and helped the luminoth

prime 3 her interactiosn with each of the hunters

metroid 2 spares the baby metroid not out of some mothery BS but becuse it is just an infant she then takes it to her ship puts it in a jar drops it off at seres station in hopes they can find a use for its abitlies and flys off TO NEVER SEE IT AGAIN

super metroid the canon ending is her while zebes is exploding runing to rescue some animals

metroid fusion she constantly ignores orders instead focusing more on whats write rather than what the federation says
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#23PendragoonPosted 2/11/2013 10:52:57 PM
DynamicJumpIuff posted...
So Super Metroid is better than the Prime trilogy?

I'd say it's tied with Prime 1 as the best Metroid game imo. It's worth playing again.

Although, it's fine if you don't enjoy it.

All that ever needs to be said about Other M.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u36/PENDRAG0ON/samusvsridleyma-1.gif

To be fair, Other M doesn't count the Prime games as canon. What does make that one scene stupid is that the manga is canon. SHE ALREADY GOT OVER HER FEAR OF RIDLEY IN THE MANGA. It's like the game undid her development in the manga just to half-ass it here.

I don't have anything against people who like Other M, it just felt stupid to me.

They stated that Prime is canon in Other M.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#24DrkVrtxPosted 2/11/2013 11:34:55 PM
You're free to have your own opinion. Much as I dislike the game, I think people often exaggerate its issues.
#25Godstriker8Posted 2/11/2013 11:44:27 PM
AceMos posted...
samus DID act human in the other metroids

the prime games had subtle things that showed a real human

metroid zero mission the ending shows a picture she drew of her self a s little girl with the chozo (yes the chozo are the family that raised her she had a father in her life she didnt need adam)

prime 1 she chases down ridley to stop him and the pirates (no real fear of him beyond a quick shocked look that he is alive after metroid 1)

prime 1's ending she removes her helmet and stares off at the chozo ruins fondly rembering the chozo who raised her

prime 2 you see a dead federation trooper she bends down and closes his eyes

heck the verry plot of prime 2 shows her kind heart she was not geting payed or anything yet she still stayed and helped the luminoth

prime 3 her interactiosn with each of the hunters

metroid 2 spares the baby metroid not out of some mothery BS but becuse it is just an infant she then takes it to her ship puts it in a jar drops it off at seres station in hopes they can find a use for its abitlies and flys off TO NEVER SEE IT AGAIN

super metroid the canon ending is her while zebes is exploding runing to rescue some animals

metroid fusion she constantly ignores orders instead focusing more on whats write rather than what the federation says

Yeah this. I hate how people act like Samus had no personality before Other M. Doesn't mean that Other M didn't ruin it, but she DID have a personality.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#26BeanBeanKingdomPosted 2/11/2013 11:54:22 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...

Where exactly? Things like "It was my first joint mission with the Galactic Federation since leaving it" kinda make you doubt Sakamoto cared about the Prime canon...
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#27My_UnitPosted 2/11/2013 11:55:58 PM
I have yet to like a 3D Metroid game. They all suck.
---
(TDPS) The Dedicated Portable Society - Stand together for the general promotion of dedicated portables and the quality software they provide us.
#28PendragoonPosted 2/12/2013 12:14:12 AM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...

Where exactly? Things like "It was my first joint mission with the Galactic Federation since leaving it" kinda make you doubt Sakamoto cared about the Prime canon...

That is yet another plot hole. The original statement is also from a poorly translated comment. He called them a side story, never said they were not canon. Sakamoto just really screwed up on this one.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#29PenguPineapplePosted 2/12/2013 2:18:18 AM
cucumberking posted...
cucumberking posted...
I think I might dig out my copy of Super Metroid and try it again.

Do it.

It's one of the best games ever made in my opinion.

I admit, I only played until the morphball on Super Metroid. I will give it another shot. So Super Metroid is better than the Prime trilogy?

Seriously? That's like... 5 minutes into the game. That is not doing SM justice!
Play MOAR! SM and Prime are both great games, can't go wrong with either.
---
3DS: skypengu / 1504 - 5707 - 8126
NNID: pengusaurusrex
#30fuzi11Posted 2/12/2013 2:25:57 AM(edited)
On another board where it is mostly me and friends, they also praise that game (I haven't played it, as I'm not much of a Metroid fan, specifically Metroid Prime)

And it is really cheap. I have seen it for 10 somewhere, maybe I should pick it up when my backlog has less than 20 games.............