Other M is the best Metroid I've ever played *spoilers*

#31AceMosPosted 2/12/2013 3:37:00 AM
no dont buy other M

it is not a metroid game

it dont play like a metroid game

its stroy IS sexist that is a 100% fact

and its verry verry liner
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#32Big_IsaacPosted 2/12/2013 5:44:33 AM(edited)
ordinarily I'd verbally tear TC a new butthole, but I'm really tired right now...
so I'll just copy-paste this:

me
Story:
- the writing of the story is atrocious.
- the story is so incompetently made, it paints the main character of the plot (Adam) exactly opposite of what it's supposed to. instead of a nice guy, he's shown to be an irredeemable douchebag
- every piece of characterization Samus gets in Oter M contradicts and destroys everything we've seen in the other Metroid games
- the story tries to make Samus look as weak as possible
- every single plot point gets resolved without Samus, the protagonist and supposed main character, having any input on it
- the whole plot is riddled in plot holes
- you already have all your power ups from the start, but the reason the plot gives for why she doesn't use her stuff is half-assed like crazy
- the majority of the game is recycled blatantly from fusion
- the ridley scene
- Adam's death scene
- the voice acting
- the bloody everything. there's just nothing good about this story except maybe Anthony
^you know your story is total ass when its only saving grace is Anthony, a black guy stereotype given flesh

Gameplay:
- the game is only slightly less linear than Final Fantasy 13
- no, seriously, this would be too linear for ANY game, not just for a metroid game
- no exploration
- no finding new abilities
- the fighting is devoid of challenge thanks to Auto Aim and the most hideously overpowered feature in any metroid game: sensemove
- the game arbitrarily locks you out of going back to older areas with red doors
- the control scheme is bad. switching between 1st and 3rd person never stops being awkward

there you go. you can write essays about the many ways in which the game sucks (and people have done so), but this should cover most of the cliffnotes

---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#33GEKGanonPosted 2/12/2013 5:48:35 AM
I've been over this a million times... every Metroid game EXCEPT for Other M had ZERO character development. Essentially, Nintendo took the opportunity with Other M to play 25 years of catch-up with character development. Samus having a post traumatic freakout at the sight of Ridley was taken straight from the official manga.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#34BeanBeanKingdomPosted 2/12/2013 5:49:53 AM
GEKGanon posted...
I've been over this a million times... every Metroid game EXCEPT for Other M had ZERO character development. Essentially, Nintendo took the opportunity with Other M to play 25 years of catch-up with character development. Samus having a post traumatic freakout at the sight of Ridley was taken straight from the official manga.

*bangs head against wall for multiple reasons*
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#35sythe343Posted 2/12/2013 6:00:02 AM
TheTrueNub posted...
I'll just copy paste my thoughts on Other M from another thread here:

The actual game its self was fine. It was a great way to do a psuedo-2D Metroid game.

The main problem was the handling of the plot and characterization.

This is pretty much it for me.
---
Jumping feet first into hell isn't your job, making sure it's full when you get there is.
PSN: DedSythe XBL:Ser MeatShield
#36Oni_TaedoPosted 2/12/2013 6:04:35 AM
ian2093 posted...
Other M was the worst Metroid game made. Sure the gamplay was alright, just alright though. Remember flipping the Wiimote every other second to shoot a missile? The story though was what killed it. I lost all respect for Samus. Don't try to sexualize her and don't try to womanize her. You want to know why Mario and Link are such successful protagonists? It's because they don't talk. Just look at Sonic. When did his games start to be horrible? When he started to talk.

Except that Sonic games sucked long after he started talking. They didn't get bad until Sonic Heroes, then the crap hit the fans. It's a pun.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#37AceMosPosted 2/12/2013 6:04:41 AM
GEKGanon posted...

the same manga that has her get over her fear of ridley (which he was not the sole part of said break down any ways it was more to do with the lies mother brain was telling and all of ridleys twisted coments than ridley just being there)

oh and in said manga she later goes on to MAKE FUN OF RIDLEY AND LUAGH AT HIS DEATH

and as ive allready post tons of charactersation from the games

oh and in said manga samus did not have any dady issues for adam she didnt evne realy like the guy

the chozo now them she loved like a family
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#38Big_IsaacPosted 2/12/2013 6:19:30 AM
GEKGanon posted...

as usual. lies, hyperbole and blatantly ignoring other people's points are the ONLY thing you Other M defenders can ever do.
it has even been pointed out IN THIS VERY TOPIC that Samus did get characterization before Other M.

- she routinely storms heavily fortified enemy bases alone with only the most basic equipment -> she is self-confident, competent, independent and courageous
- in RoS, she spares the last Metroid -> she is not a cold, emotionless robot
- in Super, she goes out of her way to save the animals that taught her the wall jump and shine spark (optional in super, but it's revealed to be the canon ending in Fusion)
- in Prime 1, she is clearly enraged when she sees Ridley alive on the Orphion
- in Prime 2, she closes the dead trooper's eyes and saves an entire race of people without expecting compensation
- in Prime 3, you see that Samus has buddies in Rundas, Ghor and Gan-howeveryouspellthat
- in Fusion, you get monologues from Samus that add a LOT of character to her. she also states that she hates taking orders and shows that she doesn't hesitate to disobey
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#39Oni_TaedoPosted 2/12/2013 7:18:24 AM
Other M did almost everything right. Except for two MAJOR things it did wrong.

Controls.
You should not be playing a 3D game with a Dpad. We learned that years ago.
Give us the nunchuk, let us activate missiles on the fly, and let us avoid that first-person nonsense (Prime did it well, but Other M didn't).

Another thing, is story. I'm glad they tried to go above and beyond normal Metroid, by including a story. It would have helped if that story was any good.
Samus is allowed to have moments where she seems meek and pathetic, but most of the time, we want to see her as an alien shooting, ass kicking, badass blonde in a fancy bipedal tank. Make her Duke Nukem, without the potty mouth, and obsession with boobs. In other words, she should be awesome.

Having times where her more womanly parts (forgive the wording) show, is fine. She IS a woman after all. Women, no matter how strong, are still women, they will have periods where they are rather emotional (that was NOT a menstrual joke, just poor wording).

I do hope the next Metroid carries on from Other M, but I hope it does everything better.
Make Samus more awesome. Make us use the analog sticks, and hell, maybe instead of having cutscenes, have story told through gameplay.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#40lunchEATSyouPosted 2/12/2013 7:20:16 AM
YoyokuKO posted...
this can't end well

---
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog