Other M is the best Metroid I've ever played *spoilers*

#61darkjedilinkPosted 2/12/2013 9:19:37 PM
GEKGanon posted...
*is prevented profe of samus's character*

What? This is barely English.

*you stick your fingers in your ear* LALALALALALA

I never put my fingers in my ears. I refuted each of the arguments.

Prime is irrelevant, as it isn't canon to the series, and Fusion is irrelevant, as it happens after Other M and therefore has no bearing on the events in the game. The original game did nothing to develop her character, which was true of pretty much every NES title at the time, and ultimately, all that was gleaned from RoS and Super Metroid is that she let the baby Metroid live, and she has compassion for animals, and is therefore not emotionless, which is also irrelevant, as I never took the position that Samus was emotionless.

My only statement was that Other M gave Nintendo the opportunity to play catch up with character development, and they did so by pushing the storyline back toward the official manga.

The official manga DIRECTLY CONFLICTS with almost every event in Other M, thereby nullifying everything you just tried to say.

Nowhere in any of the official manga was Samus the victim of an abusive servant-master relationship with Adam whom would recoil in sheer terror at the sight of Ridley, yet that's exactly what Other M made her out to be. How do you state that making her into the later puts her back towards the former?
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#62PUNCHOUT1116Posted 2/12/2013 11:55:45 PM
I think Team Ninja should get another shot at this. I thought the combat was pretty good, and could be awesome with some tweaks.

Thats just me though
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#63deathsaber79Posted 2/13/2013 6:21:09 AM
I generally enjoyed Other M and also don't have the irrational nerd rage some have for it.

The only ham-fisted part of it for me, was the whole "authorizing" of Samus's powers by her superior officer. Really stupid when it comes down to her risking herself in hot areas and possibly dying only because the guy didn't "authorize" her heat shield yet.

They should have just her grab powerups for the upgrades, as usual.
#64AceMosPosted 2/13/2013 6:25:31 AM
i see as normal no 1 can give a good reason as to why they like it

if you like it FINE

but dont expect REAL metroid fans to

this ant just any female protaganist that got **** all over it was THE female protaganist

she was the first female protaganist she is a huge gaming icon
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#65P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/13/2013 6:37:44 AM
More people like it then those that blindly hate it and refuse to acknowledge any reason why people like it.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#66AceMosPosted 2/13/2013 6:46:49 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
More people like it then those that blindly hate it and refuse to acknowledge any reason why people like it.

no its hated by most

just ppl like you who cant udner stand sexisim refuse to listen to facts
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#67DTY3Posted 2/13/2013 6:49:02 AM
cucumberking posted...
cucumberking posted...
I think I might dig out my copy of Super Metroid and try it again.

Do it.

It's one of the best games ever made in my opinion.

I admit, I only played until the morphball on Super Metroid. I will give it another shot. So Super Metroid is better than the Prime trilogy?

So you only played for around five minutes?
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#68abbyhitterPosted 2/13/2013 6:49:20 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#69abbyhitterPosted 2/13/2013 6:52:34 AM
abbyhitter posted...
AceMos posted...

if you like it FINE

this ant just any female protaganist that got **** all over it was THE female protaganist

I liked the game because of the combat system, story, and characters.

I loved Samus's voice and personality because I could relate to her so much. To me, her voice as not boring or monotone. I loved the cinematic cut-scenes. The story was great because it was something completely new for me. I've never played a sci-fi space game that dealt with stopping a secret section of the Galactic Federation from creating Metroid bio-weapons. The whole "cover-up" plot got me interested and hooked on the story. Melissa not being Madeline was a great plot twist, and I like how "The Deleter" sub-plot worked out with Melissa killing the Deleter. Samus's character development was phenomenal. I liked the story of her first starting out and giving the thumbs down sign. It showed her "coming of age" and maturing throughout her time with the federation and her departure from the federation. Her monologue at the very end of the game showed her character development the most and showed that she matured from a bratty kid to a fearless galactic bounty hunter.

I was really impressed with the game's presentation. I liked exploring the Bottle Ship instead of some random planet with alien races we've never heard of. I liked the weapon authorization concept because the whole "oh, your power-ups were damaged or stolen and can be magically found in some random cave on some random planet" was old. It showed her respect for Adam as a father figure. It made sense that her advanced weapons should not be used until authorization because they could accidentally kill any survivors on the Bottle Ship. That was their main goal - to rescue survivors. Once Samus explored the ship and found no survivors, it was okay for her to use her Power Bombs, Wave Beam, and Plasma Beam.

This is why I love Other M.

---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#70AceMosPosted 2/13/2013 6:57:10 AM
abbyhitter posted...
abbyhitter posted...
AceMos posted...

if you like it FINE

I liked the game because of the combat system, story, and characters.

I loved Samus's voice and personality because I could relate to her so much. To me, her voice as not boring or monotone. I loved the cinematic cut-scenes. The story was great because it was something completely new for me. I've never played a sci-fi space game that dealt with stopping a secret section of the Galactic Federation from creating Metroid bio-weapons. The whole "cover-up" plot got me interested and hooked on the story. Melissa not being Madeline was a great plot twist, and I like how "The Deleter" sub-plot worked out with Melissa killing the Deleter. Samus's character development was phenomenal. I liked the story of her first starting out and giving the thumbs down sign. It showed her "coming of age" and maturing throughout her time with the federation and her departure from the federation. Her monologue at the very end of the game showed her character development the most and showed that she matured from a bratty kid to a fearless galactic bounty hunter.

I was really impressed with the game's presentation. I liked exploring the Bottle Ship instead of some random planet with alien races we've never heard of. I liked the weapon authorization concept because the whole "oh, your power-ups were damaged or stolen and can be magically found in some random cave on some random planet" was old. It showed her respect for Adam as a father figure. It made sense that her advanced weapons should not be used until authorization because they could accidentally kill any survivors on the Bottle Ship. That was their main goal - to rescue survivors. Once Samus explored the ship and found no survivors, it was okay for her to use her Power Bombs, Wave Beam, and Plasma Beam.

This is why I love Other M.

there is no character devlopement for samus

she acomplished NOTHING in the story

her personality is a hgue step backwords from all other metroid games

the game play is not good becuse it removes the most inportant factor to the franchise THE EXPLORATION
---