Other M is the best Metroid I've ever played *spoilers*

#71cucumberking(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 8:02:20 AM
deathsaber79 posted...
I generally enjoyed Other M and also don't have the irrational nerd rage some have for it.

The only ham-fisted part of it for me, was the whole "authorizing" of Samus's powers by her superior officer. Really stupid when it comes down to her risking herself in hot areas and possibly dying only because the guy didn't "authorize" her heat shield yet.

They should have just her grab powerups for the upgrades, as usual.

I thought humbly holding herself back to please her father figure was a better idea then getting slammed into a wall and losing all her stuff like in Metroid Prime 1.
#72AceMosPosted 2/13/2013 8:07:48 AM
cucumberking posted...
deathsaber79 posted...
I generally enjoyed Other M and also don't have the irrational nerd rage some have for it.

The only ham-fisted part of it for me, was the whole "authorizing" of Samus's powers by her superior officer. Really stupid when it comes down to her risking herself in hot areas and possibly dying only because the guy didn't "authorize" her heat shield yet.

I thought humbly holding herself back to please her father figure was a better idea then getting slammed into a wall and losing all her stuff like in Metroid Prime 1.

but he ant a father figure to her

the chozo were they raised her tought her every thing she knows

she was a grown woman by the time she meet adam

and teh manga that sakumoto says is canon

she didnt like him verry much she did respect him but didnt like him and even threated to kill him if he didnt stay out of her way
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#73DTY3Posted 2/13/2013 8:11:31 AM
cucumberking posted...
deathsaber79 posted...

You must LOVE stereotypical Japanese media.

Also Samus already has father figure...you know...the ones tha actually raised her rather than the dude who treats her like **** that she is so submissive to.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#74EarthLord_CJPosted 2/13/2013 8:19:37 AM
DTY3 posted...
cucumberking posted...

You must LOVE stereotypical Japanese media.

Also Samus already has father figure...you know...the ones tha actually raised her rather than the dude who treats her like **** that she is so submissive to.

This.

She doesn't need to be all rebellious or anything, of course, just needs to think for herself.
Heck, considering the kind of career she actually has, she has literally no obligation to serve under him again. She's commissioned by the Federation itself, not the commanding officer who she stopped serving years before.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."
#75P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/13/2013 9:06:42 AM
This is why I stopped talking with you people. You ***** about people liking something you don't and claim they don't have reasons for liking it, and then when reasons are presented you say they can't have that opinion because you don't agree. Grow the hell up and pull your head out of your butthurt ass.

And more people do enjoy the game the people that ***** about people liking it.

Professional Reviewers
54 positive (80-100)
17 mixed (61-79)
0 negative (60-0)

User Reviews
86 positive
11 mixed
27 negative
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#76AceMosPosted 2/13/2013 9:09:11 AM
thing is most metroid fans are mature enough to not go and write reviews for things they hate

we hate it then toss it to the side to forget it

but as normal you still refuse to except that hte game is sexist

thats NOT AN OPION IT IS A PROVEN FACT
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#77GEKGanonPosted 2/13/2013 9:09:23 AM
The official manga DIRECTLY CONFLICTS with almost every event in Other M, thereby nullifying everything you just tried to say.

Did I say Other M directly copied every aspect of the manga? No, I didn't. I said Other M went back to the manga in developing Samus's character, part of which involved a post traumatic freakout at the sight of Ridley, in which Samus was essentially useless and had to be saved by a group of friends.

Nowhere in any of the official manga was Samus the victim of an abusive servant-master relationship with Adam whom would recoil in sheer terror at the sight of Ridley, yet that's exactly what Other M made her out to be. How do you state that making her into the later puts her back towards the former?

See above.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#78AceMosPosted 2/13/2013 9:11:05 AM
GEKGanon posted...
The official manga DIRECTLY CONFLICTS with almost every event in Other M, thereby nullifying everything you just tried to say.

Did I say Other M directly copied every aspect of the manga? No, I didn't. I said Other M went back to the manga in developing Samus's character, part of which involved a post traumatic freakout at the sight of Ridley, in which Samus was essentially useless and had to be saved by a group of friends.

Nowhere in any of the official manga was Samus the victim of an abusive servant-master relationship with Adam whom would recoil in sheer terror at the sight of Ridley, yet that's exactly what Other M made her out to be. How do you state that making her into the later puts her back towards the former?

See above.

its NOT JUST RIDLEY that brings about the freak out

the lies mother brain is telling her

plus the sadiscitc coments from ridley

plus the manga has her get cured of her PTSD i dont care how it works in RL the manga clearly has her get over it to the point it is no longer samus afraid of ridley but ridley is now afraid of samus
---
#79P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/13/2013 9:21:27 AM
Acemos you are friggen hopeless.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#802wingedangelPosted 2/13/2013 9:22:20 AM
ian2093 posted...
Other M was the worst Metroid game made. Sure the gamplay was alright, just alright though. Remember flipping the Wiimote every other second to shoot a missile? The story though was what killed it. I lost all respect for Samus. Don't try to sexualize her and don't try to womanize her. You want to know why Mario and Link are such successful protagonists? It's because they don't talk. Just look at Sonic. When did his games start to be horrible? When he started to talk.

Yeah, Sonic Adventure was horrible amirite?
---
Lover of all things cute and pretty. <3
Black 2 FC: 4213-1800-0462