Other M is the best Metroid I've ever played *spoilers*

#81cavebear56Posted 2/13/2013 9:23:35 AM
Gek and Panda seem to be the only rational posters in this topic.

Really? Storming the castle? Samus in the first game has no more character than Mario in SMB and for the games that came after, she never got as developed as a poster had earlier stated (which was nothing but subjective garbage trying to pose and preen as objective).

The blind hatred is deafening.

I will say that the cries of straight out in your face sexism that some are saying is in the game as me interested to see...

A.) If it is true or just crying wolf (an old Jewish theologian stated that "Man can reason anything").

B.) If it's more sexist than most things from Japan (not to say sexism is a part of the culture, but that is how most westerners see things when they don't quite understand).

To be fair though, I've never been a huge Metroid fan. So I don't have the same emotional attachment as many of the...deeply wounded in this topic.

So yes, I shall give the game a try now. For better or worse my interest has been piqued.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#82Shah138Posted 2/13/2013 9:33:51 AM
thing is most metroid fans are mature enough to not go and write reviews for things they hate

we hate it then toss it to the side to forget it

So by your own words you aren't a mature Metroid fan since you very clearly haven't stopped talking about it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Klnh2X4.jpg
#83StarmanJuniorPosted 2/13/2013 9:50:51 AM
-Remember when Samus went into the heat-based environment without her Varia Suit? I do.
-Remember when the producers made that subplot about the deleter, hyped it up, yet didn't resolve it? I do.
-Remember when Samus freaked out at the sight of Ridley despite the fact that she fought him in Metroid, Prime, Corruption, and Super Metroid? I do.
-Remember when Adam sacrifices himself in an incredibly nonsensical asinine manner that had absolutely no climactic capablities? I do.
-Remember when the Metroid Breeding Program was exciting in Fusion, but wasn't in Other M because hmm...it had alraedy been done? I do.
-Remember the voice acting, that is only comparable to the terribleness of Symphony of the Night's voice acting? I do.
-Remember the fact that Samus used to be badass but here...she's not? I do.
-Remember all of the dialogue that interferes with the canon of other games in the series? I do.
-Remember the pixel hunt to find objects that were impossible to see for the purpose of plot development, an idea that should've gotten somebody fired? I really do.
-Remember the broken controls, the game breaking dodge, and switching to first person, where you couldn't move, when you needed to fire missiles? I do.
-Remember when item collecting and exploration took an extreme non-existent backseat to terrible character development? I do.

-Remember all of the other Metroid games, with the exception of Hunters which was equally as terrible, and how much fun they were compared to this pile of spunk?

I do.
---
It's been a long time, Buzz Buzz
#84AceMosPosted 2/13/2013 9:52:16 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Acemos you are friggen hopeless.

why becuse i give facts and you dont
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#85P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/13/2013 10:02:09 AM
You shove opinion around as if it's fact. You pretend you are more mature regardless of the fact that you refuse to believe others have a differing opinion from yourself and you incessantly argue about a video game that you claim to not care about. I've been playing Sonic the Hedgehog since I was two years old, but I'm mature enough to accept that others may have differing opinions than me about the games and I don't whine about the bad ones like it's a goddamn part of my religion.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#86GiygasminionPosted 2/13/2013 10:09:26 AM
I rented the game a couple of years ago. I loved the idea of third person exploration with the opportunity to go in first person just by pointing the wii remote at the screen.

I got a few hours into the game before I quit.

The game's dialogue is extremely poor. This might not normally bother me, I dont expect games to have good stories. But Nintendo insisted on making the story so central to the game that I couldn't ignore it.

Combine that with pixel hunting, d pad control in 3d worlds and no way to move in first person perspective, and I found the game to be severely disappointing.
---
NN ID: Achilles11
http://backloggery.com/schamman89
#87cucumberking(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 10:09:42 AM
DTY3 posted...
cucumberking posted...
deathsaber79 posted...
I generally enjoyed Other M and also don't have the irrational nerd rage some have for it.

The only ham-fisted part of it for me, was the whole "authorizing" of Samus's powers by her superior officer. Really stupid when it comes down to her risking herself in hot areas and possibly dying only because the guy didn't "authorize" her heat shield yet.

They should have just her grab powerups for the upgrades, as usual.

I thought humbly holding herself back to please her father figure was a better idea then getting slammed into a wall and losing all her stuff like in Metroid Prime 1.

You must LOVE stereotypical Japanese media.

Also Samus already has father figure...you know...the ones tha actually raised her rather than the dude who treats her like **** that she is so submissive to.

I'm pretty sure she specifically says, "Adam was like a father to me."

I'm giving Metroid Fusion a chance again, I've played for an hour or so. Just got to the part where the Evil Suit first appears, and you have to hide.
#88AceMosPosted 2/13/2013 10:11:03 AM
sexisim is not an opion

it is a FACT i dont care if ppl like other M

but i do hate them acting liek its a good game and ignoring its huge flaws

there is nothing wrong with like a bad game hell i like a few my self but i can admit they are bad

all 3 women in othe rm are sub servent and can only think of motherhood

other M has plot holes in its own story and plot holes to the metroid franchise as a hole

but u wont except this u wont even read the artcles that are linked to you becuse you refuse to see that your wrong

which makes me qustion your own views on women
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#89AceMosPosted 2/13/2013 10:14:23 AM
cucumberking posted...
DTY3 posted...
cucumberking posted...
deathsaber79 posted...
I generally enjoyed Other M and also don't have the irrational nerd rage some have for it.

The only ham-fisted part of it for me, was the whole "authorizing" of Samus's powers by her superior officer. Really stupid when it comes down to her risking herself in hot areas and possibly dying only because the guy didn't "authorize" her heat shield yet.

They should have just her grab powerups for the upgrades, as usual.

I thought humbly holding herself back to please her father figure was a better idea then getting slammed into a wall and losing all her stuff like in Metroid Prime 1.

You must LOVE stereotypical Japanese media.

Also Samus already has father figure...you know...the ones tha actually raised her rather than the dude who treats her like **** that she is so submissive to.

I'm pretty sure she specifically says, "Adam was like a father to me."

I'm giving Metroid Fusion a chance again, I've played for an hour or so. Just got to the part where the Evil Suit first appears, and you have to hide.

yes samus does call adam a father figure which is a huge plot hole

becuse it does not match up to whats shown in the game nor does it match up to her established back story
---
#90P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/13/2013 10:17:45 AM
You're a lost cause. I'm finished discussing with you, it is not worth my, nor anyone else's time listening to your inane drivel.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece