Other M is the best Metroid I've ever played *spoilers*

#91AceMosPosted 2/13/2013 10:18:46 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
You're a lost cause. I'm finished discussing with you, it is not worth my, nor anyone else's time listening to your inane drivel.

as normal you refuse to admit your wrong

you refuse to show how the game is not sexist

you just demand ppl except your opion that you never shut up about
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#92cucumberking(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 10:31:22 AM
What was sexist? That she got scared? That she got called "Lady"? That's in Metroid Fusion too.

I'm just curious because I don't recall any sexist stuff. Just making it so she isn't a fearless robot doesn't seem sexist to me. I must have missed something.
#93AceMosPosted 2/13/2013 10:37:30 AM
cucumberking posted...
What was sexist? That she got scared? That she got called "Lady"? That's in Metroid Fusion too.

I'm just curious because I don't recall any sexist stuff. Just making it so she isn't a fearless robot doesn't seem sexist to me. I must have missed something.

the hole game is about mother hood

samus is emotianly fragile from the death of the baby metroid ( something she never gave a **** about before this game)

she calls adam her father figure even thoe she didnt mean him till she was a grown woman and had a happy life raised by the chozo

we know the names of 2 chozo that were inportant to her life both male and both fatherly to her

past metroid games had samus take orders as well but she disobeyed orders at the drop of a hat to for the sake of justice

samus has faced ridley 7 times by other M never been afraid of him (infact the manga tells us he is afraid of her)

and at least 4 times before he "died" in super metroid ridley seemed to be dead (in the manga which is a re telling of metroid 1 he is a melted pile of goo after his fight with samus)

no 1 cares if samus has emotions infact all past metroid games prove she does have emotions

she just knows how to keep a level head and focus on the job like a real bounty hunter would do
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#94cucumberking(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 10:40:06 AM
AceMos posted...
cucumberking posted...

samus is emotianly fragile from the death of the baby metroid ( something she never gave a **** about before this game)

she calls adam her father figure even thoe she didnt mean him till she was a grown woman and had a happy life raised by the chozo

we know the names of 2 chozo that were inportant to her life both male and both fatherly to her

past metroid games had samus take orders as well but she disobeyed orders at the drop of a hat to for the sake of justice

samus has faced ridley 7 times by other M never been afraid of him (infact the manga tells us he is afraid of her)

and at least 4 times before he "died" in super metroid ridley seemed to be dead (in the manga which is a re telling of metroid 1 he is a melted pile of goo after his fight with samus)

no 1 cares if samus has emotions infact all past metroid games prove she does have emotions

she just knows how to keep a level head and focus on the job like a real bounty hunter would do

Thank you for the clarification. I can see how that would annoy a fan of the character. However, I never gave a crap about Samus until Other M. I understand my opinion isn't popular. Hopefully, I can appreciate the other games now that I finally have some sort of connection to the woman inside the suit. I really want to like the Metroid series.
#95AceMosPosted 2/13/2013 10:41:37 AM
cucumberking posted...
AceMos posted...
cucumberking posted...

Thank you for the clarification. I can see how that would annoy a fan of the character. However, I never gave a crap about Samus until Other M. I understand my opinion isn't popular. Hopefully, I can appreciate the other games now that I finally have some sort of connection to the woman inside the suit. I really want to like the Metroid series.

ok picture this

batman breaks down in tears afriad infront of the joker

would you like that
---
#96kaiser ryuPosted 2/13/2013 10:53:43 AM
cucumberking posted...

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/lb_i.php?lb_id=13373815860B43920100&i_id=13373815860I43921400&p=1

Read it. This does a far better job of thoroughly explaining the problems of the game than any Gfaqs back and forth ever could.

Highlights:
-Details how Samus' agency is thoroughly robbed of her throughout the game.
-Details Adam's rise to protagonist through the game's terrible fanfic-esque writing.
-Outlines how major plot elements distill in every case into either matters unconcerning Samus or are resolved exclusively by everything/everyone other than Samus.
-Makes clear in no uncertain terms that various scenes in the context of the game do nothing but emphasize Samus' past weakness and her inability to change.
-Points out Samus' own words completely indicate her confessing to be a child in behavior, past and present.
-Last two points paint a clear picture of the opposite of growth happening with Samus, the game makes it clear that who she was in the past is who she is always. Past hurdles presented are "resolved" by Samus saying she is still weak or never presented with the opportunity to show growth beyond her shortcomings in the present.
-Fully details the abuser/victim relationship between Adam and Samus (Bit of personal info: having lived through an abusive relationship as a child seeing the events and interactions between those two in this game were more than alarming.)
- Presents all of Adam's actions and dissects the likely motivations with full regard to their context not only amongst each other but at face value as well, concluding that Adam is either severely mentally deficient or an entirely malicious entity.

The problem with presenting a cohesive argument on any one point against this game in a "debate" like you find on Gamefaqs is that the sins committed by this game are far too numerous for your average poster to gather it all and present it in a timely or ordered fashion. This game IS THAT BAD.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#97Virus66Posted 2/13/2013 10:59:03 AM
Other M topic. Let's see if the following have come true...

-People spouting that the game is the worst thing ever despite fairly positive scores? Check.
-An extreme emphasis on characterization despite the fact that no game aside from Fusion had any relevant amount of plot or characterization? Check.
-People projecting what they want Samus to be (a stone cold killing machine) instead of who she actually is (A person with a shattered family and hardly any human interaction which causes even the hardiest to crack)? Check
-AceMos spouting off about 'sexism' and 'facts', despite clearly not know what either of those words mean, in a barely intelligible manner? Check.

Seriously, if you don't like the game that's fine, but everyone is so high and mighty here that they think that just because they didn't enjoy it, it must be the worst thing ever.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#98IronticsDragonLPosted 2/13/2013 11:00:19 AM
Other M ain't got nothin on Primes.
---
I'm ballin, ballin, ballin, Jarl ballin, ballin, ballin, swag.
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6
#99AceMosPosted 2/13/2013 11:02:05 AM
Virus66 posted...
Other M topic. Let's see if the following have come true...

-People spouting that the game is the worst thing ever despite fairly positive scores? Check.
-An extreme emphasis on characterization despite the fact that no game aside from Fusion had any relevant amount of plot or characterization? Check.
-People projecting what they want Samus to be (a stone cold killing machine) instead of who she actually is (A person with a shattered family and hardly any human interaction which causes even the hardiest to crack)? Check
-AceMos spouting off about 'sexism' and 'facts', despite clearly not know what either of those words mean, in a barely intelligible manner? Check.

Seriously, if you don't like the game that's fine, but everyone is so high and mighty here that they think that just because they didn't enjoy it, it must be the worst thing ever.

EVERY metroid game had signs of samus as a person
---
#100cucumberking(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 11:07:03 AM
AceMos posted...
cucumberking posted...
AceMos posted...
cucumberking posted...

ok picture this

batman breaks down in tears afriad infront of the joker

would you like that

Well I thought Ridley killed her parents. If Batman broke down in front of the mugger who shot his parents, that would be dumb. lol.