Which studio should Nintendo buy to be their third pillar?

#41Artillatron7(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 9:58:01 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
With a first party line up that includes: Shenmue, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Star Tropics, F-Zero, Kirby, Sonic, Virtua Fighter, Fighting Vipers, Daytona, Smash Bros, Pokemon, Alex Kid, Yakuza, Super Monkey Ball, Streets of Rage, Eternal Champions, Ecco, and Earthbound, who NEEDS third parties?

Agreed. But you forgot donkey kong, star fox, fire emblem. You're right. With all of these IPs, nintendo wouldn't really need that much third party support. Outside of maybe some of capcom's series. Like megaman, street fighter, vs series, resident evil.
---
http://i45.tinypic.com/260ed8i.jpg http://i.imgur.com/wvpAA.jpg
#42AkaneJonesPosted 2/13/2013 4:04:19 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...

Also have Capcom give Nintendo the VJ license. Why would Capcom need it, when's the last time they used it?

That way, Nintendo can go to Platinum, have them remake VJ, in glorious HD, maybe with some more modern mechanics for you youngsters/hipsters, and then of course work their way up to making that third game we were promised at the end of the first one. The DS one doesn't count!

If you're going to go that way buying Platinum and having Capcom throw in Viewtiful Joe & Okami makes it a better prospect. Although if you could wrestle those old IPs they made off Capcom you might as well go for Mega Man. Or even throw in Breath of Fire. The thing is I don't see it. So ultimately all you get is some Mad World & Bayonetta. This is why I say Sega. Although buying back Banjo Kazooie IP still looks good, though one IP with no resources is a waste, compared to the other choices.
#43Legendary_MusasPosted 2/13/2013 4:18:54 AM(edited)
Sega, not for Nintendo's benefit but imagine a Sonic game made with Nintendo's loving care :)

Also hell no to Platinum, MGS Wii U exclusive I think not.
---
A__A
(o'_.'o)
#44Artillatron7(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 4:14:30 AM
Why all the sonic hate? Have you guys even played colors and generations? Those games were great.
---
http://imgur.com/HwDwcKL.jpg http://i.imgur.com/wvpAA.jpg
#45Chocobo115Posted 2/13/2013 4:31:39 AM
Hands off Sega!
#46NejiHyuga900Posted 2/13/2013 4:50:31 AM
From: Maxx_the_Slash | Posted: 2/12/2013 7:14:10 PM | #036
Sega: No way. They ruined Sonic beyond repair and don't do anything even remotely meaningful with any of their other properties.

Where have you been? Sonic the Hedgehog has been outside of its Dark Age since Sonic Colors. I am guessing you never heard or played Sonic Colors (Wii and DS) or Sonic Generations (Xbox 360, PS3, PC, and 3DS).
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
#47Virus66Posted 2/13/2013 5:48:21 AM
Sega. I want to see Nintendo take proper care of the Sonic series. It's been one hell of a rollercoaster...
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#48deathsaber79Posted 2/13/2013 6:00:32 AM
Rare simply is NOT the company it was back in the N64 days. The founders, and the core staff of those days is gone.

After going to MS, they basically skipped the entire first xbox since they couldn't get their act together, took 5-6 year to make Perfect Dark Zero, which wasn't even good. They then butchered Banjo Kazooie badly. Now, MS basically just uses them for Kinect shovelware, and they are responsible for their dorky avatars which is just a cheap copy of mii's (and a desperate cash grab to sell clothes and such for the avatars with micro transacations).

Sega.....meh. They publish bad games- Aliens: Colonial Marines was supposed to be their big coup this year...ouch. They only really have Sonic and Yakuza games going for them these days.

Platinum- probably the best possible choice of the three- They have the vision and talent to make great games- just need some funding and guidance- and Nintendo would give them these.
#49monkeyspoonPosted 2/13/2013 6:04:12 AM
I would hate for platinum to be owned by Nintendo. They are far too good to be limited to Nintendo. Sega too.

Rare is the only company that would benefit being at Nintendo. Their glory days were with Nintendo and now they have been ruined by Microsoft.
---
PSN ID: monkeyspoon, XBL ID: monkeyspoon, Nintendo Network ID: monkeyspoon "I own the Vita and hate it" ShadowfxD2 (but still trolls the vita board)
#50StephenYap3Posted 2/13/2013 7:13:01 AM
Rare. Some of their well-known IPs each got only one original game on their system. Will there be more, M$?
---
I have trouble communicating with people :(