Lets predict his generations outcome

#1iKhanicPosted 2/12/2013 12:34:16 AM
So the OUYA launches and tanks, because it doesn't have the power to be marketed. Apple purchases OUYA and begins planning a console/ home entertainment system for the 9th gen.

The Wii U begins to pick up steam in the summer, when Nintendo has a really big E3, showing some very highly anticipated games. The Wii U also gets a $25 price cut across the board. Nintendo has also filled up the virtual console and fixed up most of the minor gripes people have with the system by the end of Q3.

We see the PS4 launch first. It has moderately better power than the Wii U, but nothing so great that you would completely count the Wii U out. Rather, it is lauded for its very strong online mode. It has an okay launch, better than the Wii U, but nothing as huge as the Wii, partly due to a $400-450 launch price.

Microsoft comes next. They release a very powerful system that really seems to lack focus. In once sense it tries to focus on the Kinect, but in another it tries to focus on its online. It also sees an okay launch, but sales drop off fast.

Third party exclusives very quickly begin to die out, with most things being multiplats. Namco-Bandai is one of the few companies that still makes console exclusives. The Wii U gets most of these multiplats, but is excluded from certain ones. Later in the generation, the 720's poor sales drive some multiplats away from there as well.

In the end I see it being split:

45% PS4 35% Wii U 20% XBOX. The OUYA's market share is negligible

Obviously this is entirely guesses, I just made a prediction for fun.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2dennis941012Posted 2/12/2013 12:36:11 AM
sounds plausible
but when does steam box comes in?
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#3KroganBallEaterPosted 2/12/2013 12:38:06 AM
I'm not good with guessing these kinds of things but all I can say is that I predict most people from ages 16 and up are probably just going to build their own gaming PCs this generation.
---
OMG Krogan!!!! That would hurt my precious little fanny!!!! LOL!!!!! - GamerGirlz after I told her to shove a stick of rhubarb up her fanny.
#4diggyfreshPosted 2/12/2013 12:49:44 AM
I see the split being even 1/3 Sony; 1/3 N; 1/3 MS
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#5FoppePosted 2/12/2013 1:26:29 AM
Everybody who whine about graphics will buy a steambox.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#6iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 2:38:53 AM
dennis941012 posted...
sounds plausible
but when does steam box comes in?

I didn't know about it.

That would probably lead me to give more credance to the OUYA. If open-source/indie console gaming from both the OUYA and the Steambox can get noticed, I'd definitely see a notable chunk of the market share going to them. On top of that, you can bet I'd be 100% sure Apple would jump in at the next available opportunity, whether it be through Apple TV, or through a brand new system.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#7The_King82Posted 2/12/2013 4:29:38 AM
Nintendo files for bankruptcy.
MS and Sony buys remaining IPs from Nintendo for dirt cheap.
#8DeathSoul2000Posted 2/12/2013 5:30:30 AM(edited)
Sony - dead

MS - kinect fest

Nintendo - rolling in it

Apple - ipad 8 by this xmas with ipad mini 5 not far behind
#9icarus231Posted 2/12/2013 5:34:50 AM
The_King82 posted...
Nintendo files for bankruptcy.
MS and Sony buys remaining IPs from Nintendo for dirt cheap.

I think you meant sony. Nintendo can survive for a long time in the red. Sony has sold a building this year and layed off 12k employees last year. they also have a debt to asset ration of 57%. Nintendo owes no debt.
#10Poopcorn13Posted 2/12/2013 5:45:00 AM
I would like to add that console exclusives will die out on consoles but remain fairly strong on portables.
---
You am no real super sand. - Virginia