Up until recently Power=innovation

#41Sakura_RailgunPosted 2/12/2013 3:14:51 PM
wingo84 posted...
Gimea posted...
Placing a map or inventory on a second screen is not what I like to call innovation, nor is waggling.

Technically it is because no one else has done it before...

Er, but waggle has been done before, and placing a map/inventory has also already been done in the form of the DS.
#42ArturiaZweiPosted 2/12/2013 3:18:48 PM
Sony attempted to compete with the Wiimote using the Move in the same way it tried to compete with Smash Bros using Playstation All Stars.

Did they copy Nintendo? Well... I don't think it matters, they didn't do much with either. They probably didn't have a plan for it, whereas with Nintendo, motion controls were the focus.

On topic, I don't think I'll be buying another console if it doesn't offer something a little different in gameplay than this previous gen. I'm pretty tired of run and gun shooters, most 3D beat em ups and most jrpgs.

Im not buying a console based on power, heck, Im not even considering Sony or Microsoft as it stands now. The same controllers and the same kinds of games have become stale to me.
#43PSOLavisPosted 2/12/2013 3:19:30 PM
wingo84 posted...
Gimea posted...
Placing a map or inventory on a second screen is not what I like to call innovation, nor is waggling.

Innovation - A new method, idea, product, etc: "technological innovations".
gamepad=watered down tablet. Done before, not innovation. Device linking up with console=psp/vita linking with psa. Done befroe, not innovation. Using 6 year old hardware=using a pc from 9 years ago. Done before, not innovation.
#44FoppePosted 2/12/2013 10:21:02 PM
Remember when Sony had Super Smash Bros tags on their PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale’s YouTube Page?
They said from the beginning that it was a Smash Bros clone...
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#45AkaneJonesPosted 2/13/2013 4:30:15 AM
DemonDog666 posted...

Well technically a game where the main character eats crap literally as a main gameplay mechanic is innovative then.

No actually I've got news for you...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB-y4qHI7cQ
Damn Pac-man clone on my Apple II
Also if you deny that, and say inversed, I'll direct you to some Japanese H games were that indeed happens.
#46FoppePosted 2/14/2013 10:03:35 PM
JackTheRimmer posted...
wingo84 posted...
Gimea posted...

Dreamcast did both

I still wanna know what Dreamcast games that had a map on the 48x32 dot screen.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#47DifferentialEquationPosted 2/14/2013 10:37:17 PM
iKhanic posted...
No longer will increasing power fundamentally change the way people play.

I disagree. There's still so much left to with physics and AI that require more horsepower.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#48LordBowserPosted 2/15/2013 1:14:03 AM
The amount of ways they can use a second screen is absolutely innovation. Just look at Nintendo Land. You couldn't have a game like Mario Chase on local multiplayer on any other system ever conceived.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#49dennis941012Posted 2/15/2013 1:20:21 AM
Umitencho posted...
Fine by me. Difference is Sony and MS made themselves look asses by doing so.

And Nintendo are asses for making you pay for an OS update per game you own, tying your digital purchases to the console, making a motion control only console and a bunch of other things. So whats your point?

that motion control only console isn't motion control only and it had better control then ps3 whats your point?
at least nintendo isn't forcing you to pay editional fee for hard drive space like sony and ms is $90 for 32gb memory space thats a highway robbery.
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#50TheBonfiniPosted 2/15/2013 1:24:14 AM
I agree with everything you said, TC.

It seems like innovation isn't enough to make the Wii-U as successful as Wii this time.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg