I guess Aliens: CM will not be showing the TRUE power of Wii U after all...

#21bleedingelitePosted 2/12/2013 7:32:55 AM
kyomagi posted...
hey guys, remember when rayman was a wii u exclusive, and i said it was going multiplat, but you called me a troll?

ya, i remember.

just thought id remind everyone

You're another sperglord.
#22fon1988Posted 2/12/2013 7:42:41 AM
teamaquashock posted...
Baha05 posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...
Poor Nintendo fanboys... They feel all betrayed by their masters and have nothing to play... They can only hug their Wii Us and Mario/Zelda plushies and cry in the night while they wish their masters loved them. LOL! Dont worry, do not give up hope kids and manchildren! One day! and believe me, one day, you will get your last gen looking Pikmin, Mario and Zelda to play on your Wii U. Who cares if the console is a flop, is not selling and has no games to play, right? Hope is enough to keep it going... until Orbis and Durango get released and crush Wii U! Bwahahahaha!!

Oh yeah, totally Nintendo's fault for the game being bad hmmm?

Seriously...

Trollery at it's finest haha.
#23Ambassador_KongPosted 2/12/2013 7:43:59 AM
AsimLeonheart posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Link to one person who ever said this game would show the Wii U's true power. One.

Come on man, I do not save links to all the posts or comments that I read. There were many claiming that after the various ports turned out to be inferior or comparable to their PS360 counterparts. The excuse was that they were ports and they did not took advantage of the Wii U's hardware. Since colonial marines is being built from the ground up for the Wii U's hardware, it will look significantly better than PS360 games will be a showcase for the console. Oh well, Nintendo fans are infamous for their backpedaling.

A straw man or straw person, also known in the UK as an Aunt Sally,[1][2] is a type of argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.[3] To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and to refute it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.[3][4] This technique has been used throughout history in polemical debate, particularly in arguments about highly charged, emotional issues.
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. by Mahatma Gandhi.
#24Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/12/2013 8:02:02 AM
I wouldn't expect the Wii U version to be any different, the PC version looks like complete ass, plays like it as well. If they didn't bother changing the visuals, animations, AI in the PC version, not happening for the Wii U version which would sell less than the other platforms.

Hey, you get to use your controller to view a map in a medicore game, YaY Gearbox!
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#25Elements012894Posted 2/12/2013 8:32:54 AM
While we all knew pitchford said that the WiiU would be the best version. The game has been in development since 2006 which means well before the WiiU ever existed.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#26SlimeSwayzePosted 2/12/2013 8:44:22 AM
AsimLeonheart posted...
Link to one person who ever said this game would show the Wii U's true power. One.

Come on man, I do not save links to all the posts or comments that I read. There were many claiming that after the various ports turned out to be inferior or comparable to their PS360 counterparts. The excuse was that they were ports and they did not took advantage of the Wii U's hardware. Since colonial marines is being built from the ground up for the Wii U's hardware, it will look significantly better than PS360 games will be a showcase for the console. Oh well, Nintendo fans are infamous for their backpedaling.

Now this is a funny post. It's like gathering information on political issues from preschool students and then trying to present it as valuable research evidence.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#27ChargrilledPosted 2/12/2013 8:54:25 AM
Motion tracker on the pad isnt going to save the game.

You dont need a motion tracker, the ai is so bad.

Its crap.
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN/Wii-U : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#28kissdadookiePosted 2/12/2013 8:58:07 AM(edited)
AsimLeonheart posted...
Nintendo fans were thinking that this game will be the next big thing for Wii U because it was being touted as developed specifically for the console's hardware. Many were expecting this game to be AAA title to provide a boost to the Wii U into the hardcore market. They also believed that it will prove how Wii U is significantly more powerful than PS360. Unfortunately, it turned out to be garbage. Poor Nintendo fans; I guess they will continue to look towards the horizon for a savoir. Maybe Bayonetta 2 or Project X or Zelda or some other mythical/legendary title believed to be in the works?

The game looked like garbage from the get go. It's also completely hilarious how Nintendo fans assumed that it was developed specifically for the Wii U. It never was. The thing has been in development for roughly 5-6 years now being handed off to various outside developers like a hot potato.

Bayonetta shouldn't be expected as something that is Wii U specific either. That was a game that Platinum had already mostly developed before the Wii U came along and the only thing was that Platinum had no publisher for Bayonetta 2. Wonderful 101 however is genuinely a Wii U specific game and it is a fun game but it's a LONG way from being a game to showcase the Wii U hardware (if one was honest who has played the game at events like I have, will not be delusional enough to claim that it's a game that can't be pulled off on current PS360 with ease in terms of performance and fidelity).

The only game that truly was created from scratch for the Wii U hardware was ZombiU and it totally shows. It's also a very good game after one gets past the long learning curve (the game didn't really shine for me until I started my Survivor playthrough). However, ZombiU had a very short development cycle as well which is telling about how these games like Aliens which people assumend would showcase the Wii U hardware just really do not exist because Nintendo honestly released the SDKs and dev hardware just a little over a year prior to launching the console to the market. Devs seriously did not have all that much time to develop Wii U specific games.

The only other Wii U specific game is Nintendoland which is a first party published title and also had an incredibly short dev cycle which again is telling about how little time devs really had to prepare games for the Wii U prior to launch. What facilitated so many ports for the Wii U however is the fact that the hardware is so similar to the 360 hardware, making 360 ports relatively easy to do (which is also telling about the performance ballpark of the Wii U, it's essentially a 360-level piece of kit when you get down to it).

People may point at NSMBU as Wii U specific but look at that game, it's mostly utilizing assets from NSMB Wii. It looks great in HD but that's largely due to artistic direction rather than anything specific that the hardware is doing.

The Wii U's main challenge right now is that it needs to push out a good number of great titles this year so that it can keep any momentum it may have and thus be able to stay relevant for the first two years or so of the new PS420 consoles launch which will give Nintendo a good amount of time to bring out a PS420 competitor (which let's face it, they are definitely working on right now, seeing how they've consolidated the handheld dept. with their home console dept.).
#29xChaosLordxPosted 2/12/2013 8:58:13 AM
The Wii-Us true power? You gotta be trolling!! 2/10!!
#30kissdadookiePosted 2/12/2013 9:00:34 AM

You yourself have posted multiple repostings of articles and links from Gearbox interviews where they are commenting on how great the Wii U hardware is. Even though it's true that you did not directly praise Aliens and how it shows off the Wii U hardware, it's still blatantly clear that you were essentially implying that point via your multiple reposts of Gearbox interviews and articles containing the Gearbox comments about the Wii U hardware.