Not Trolling, but why buy a Wii U

#1DaProphecy84Posted 2/12/2013 9:10:36 AM
I skipped the Wii because of the controls, and really miss playing the games I grew up on...

But they don't come out for along time, and I see no reason until then to buy a Wii.

Monster Hunter seems cool, but I can just wait until its half the price and get the system months from now when more games are out for it.
#2OMG_AIDSPosted 2/12/2013 9:13:27 AM
Then wait. If you want me try and convince you buy a WiiU and go back and play some amazing Wii games you missed out on.
---
XBL Gamertag - Goomba Stomper
Nintendo ID & PSN ID - Goomba_Stomper
#3NubleePosted 2/12/2013 9:13:51 AM
http://qkme.me/3symhr
---
PSN: hypeBLEEst
#4darkqueenhelbaPosted 2/12/2013 9:14:31 AM
TC, if everyone had your methodology the game industry would cease to exist.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#5digiblasterPosted 2/12/2013 9:16:47 AM
There are the obvious games like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and so on. If you're a fan of those games, you'd buy a Wii U. They aren't out yet (and we are suffering a bit of drought at the moment) but there are some great looking Wii U only games coming out soon. Like you mentioned, we'll be getting Monster Hunter soon, and then there are others like Wonderful 101, Monolith's game 'X', and Bayonetta 2, not to mention all of the first-party games we'll get in due time.

Right now though? It's hard to convince somebody to buy the console now. Most people already have their mind made up, and won't budge without new games. If you're truly on the fence though, I strongly suggest you try and play Nintendo Land with a couple of people, be it at a friend's house or an in-store demo. It'll show you what the GamePad can offer, and is surprisingly more fun than almost any game I've ever played.
#6noutBrPosted 2/12/2013 9:16:55 AM
If you're asking this question than clearly at this moment you should not buy a Wii U.

EVERY system EVER released goes through a launch period where only a few games are worth buying. Only a few systems have had a system seller at launch (Super Mario 64 and Tetris for example) and if none of the games out now or announced for the upcoming months interest you, please do yourself and us a favour and don't buy a Wii U.

When you buy a new console (which means <2 years old) you should now what to expect.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#7shaunmePosted 2/12/2013 9:21:43 AM
Trolling, Wii sales etc etc.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#8Rennik RepotsirPosted 2/12/2013 9:32:16 AM
Well... For me, it is the controls. I bought the Wii because the controls and Z:TP (I was disappointed in the tacked-on swordplay but loved the IR pointing). Bought RE:4 (borrowed and beat on the GCN) and Okami for the first time. If it wasn't for the IR pointing of MP3, I wouldn't have thought twice on the purchase, as I don't really care for the MP series. I also liked the use of WM+ for Z:SS.

For the WiiU; I do plan on getting it eventually for the same reason: the controls. I'm just waiting for that must-have game to add to the justification of forking out the price of admission along with other games.
---
FREE BUMP!!!
The person above suffers from IAD.</post>
#9PigfartsPosted 2/12/2013 9:47:29 AM
1st party games,
3rd party exclusive

most multiplat games seem to be rated worse on the Wii U.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#10tizzywilkillyouPosted 2/12/2013 10:19:25 AM
Half the price? Try years from now (not months).
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050