Not Trolling, but why buy a Wii U

#31DrumguyPosted 2/13/2013 3:55:38 PM
DaProphecy84 posted...
I skipped the Wii because of the controls, and really miss playing the games I grew up on...

But they don't come out for along time, and I see no reason until then to buy a Wii.

Monster Hunter seems cool, but I can just wait until its half the price and get the system months from now when more games are out for it.

Did you actually try the controls, or did you dismiss them without trying them?

I dismissed them at first but then I tried them and changed my mind.

The motion controls aren't the only controller style utilized on the Wii U, btw.
#32shinra35800Posted 2/13/2013 3:59:02 PM
I dismissed them at first too on certain games. But now I find it better. Motion controls on fighting games still suck though.
Games are holding nintendo back, not the controls.
#33DemonDog666Posted 2/13/2013 4:04:15 PM
Dynheart posted...
Really, they don't.

I stated my opinion. Don't like, fine. I honestly don't care for the Sony foot stomping that you do in just about every thread. But I guess that's you in a nut shell.

As far as the Wii U. Look what I typed. "Nintendo system". I never specified the Wii U, did I? The only system that was singled out, that's Nintendo's, was the Game Cube.

I just generalized, as I feel Nintendo offers the most unique library. You can have your negative views on their IP's, I don't care. There still unique to that console maker.

And as I'm most likely getting a PS4, I still win. While you foot stomp trying to convince people not to buy a Wii U.

They are literally not the most unique, they might have been a decade ago but not now.
#34DynheartPosted 2/13/2013 8:57:30 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Dynheart posted...
Really, they don't.

I stated my opinion. Don't like, fine. I honestly don't care for the Sony foot stomping that you do in just about every thread. But I guess that's you in a nut shell.

As far as the Wii U. Look what I typed. "Nintendo system". I never specified the Wii U, did I? The only system that was singled out, that's Nintendo's, was the Game Cube.

I just generalized, as I feel Nintendo offers the most unique library. You can have your negative views on their IP's, I don't care. There still unique to that console maker.

And as I'm most likely getting a PS4, I still win. While you foot stomp trying to convince people not to buy a Wii U.

They are literally not the most unique, they might have been a decade ago but not now.

You still don't get it. The library, as a whole, is unique. You are fixated on singling out one game at a time; mainly Nintendo games. I'm not surprised, though, as that's generally your MO.

Sony and Microsoft will be scrambling to get as many ports as possible on their system...and they will offer the same games, outside out 1st party games (always the case).

Nintendo will have their 1st party offerings, but their 3rd party games? You can bet they wont be ports from Sony and Microsoft systems. They will be unique to that system. Sure, the Wii U will get the odd port here and there, but it will still have a very unique library you can only get on the Wii U.

The other consoles? It's pretty much down to which dashboard you like. Which online service you like, and 1st party games (a small about of the library mind you). Because the rest will be identical. Does that sound like a unique library over all? If it does, then you are a lost puppy.

It's always been like this with Nintendo systems, though. Why will that change now? Hint: It wont. That's why I get a Nintendo system every generation. I also get a Sony or Microsoft system (no need to get both). And, my PC.

I win. You can stay being a Sony crusader for all I care.
---
Currently playing: L.A Noire, NSMBU
NNID // XBL: Dynheart
#35DemonDog666Posted 2/13/2013 9:12:43 PM
Dynheart posted...
You still don't get it. The library, as a whole, is unique. You are fixated on singling out one game at a time; mainly Nintendo games. I'm not surprised, though, as that's generally your MO.

Sony and Microsoft will be scrambling to get as many ports as possible on their system...and they will offer the same games, outside out 1st party games (always the case).

Nintendo will have their 1st party offerings, but their 3rd party games? You can bet they wont be ports from Sony and Microsoft systems. They will be unique to that system. Sure, the Wii U will get the odd port here and there, but it will still have a very unique library you can only get on the Wii U.

The other consoles? It's pretty much down to which dashboard you like. Which online service you like, and 1st party games (a small about of the library mind you). Because the rest will be identical. Does that sound like a unique library over all? If it does, then you are a lost puppy.

It's always been like this with Nintendo systems, though. Why will that change now? Hint: It wont. That's why I get a Nintendo system every generation. I also get a Sony or Microsoft system (no need to get both). And, my PC.

Having the most exclusives means nothing when 90% of those exclusives are shovelware.
#36DynheartPosted 2/13/2013 9:51:17 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Dynheart posted...

Having the most exclusives means nothing when 90% of those exclusives are shovelware.

You truly are ignorant.

Finished debating with you, if you want to call it that. More like a one sided debate, as all you do is mud sling.
---
Currently playing: L.A Noire, NSMBU
NNID // XBL: Dynheart
#37DemonDog666Posted 2/13/2013 9:52:58 PM
Dynheart posted...
You truly are ignorant.

Finished debating with you, if you want to call it that. More like a one sided debate, as all you do is mud sling.

Go play cooking mama since it's so unique lol.