Rayman Devs Protest Delay

#1Gamer0561Posted 2/12/2013 8:14:24 AM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-12-michel-ancel-and-rayman-dev-team-appear-in-protest-at-ubisofts-decision-to-delay-rayman-legends

Rayman creator and highly-respected game designer Michel Ancel has appeared alongside members of the Rayman Legends development team in a series of photos protesting the game's delay by company bosses.

Ubisoft last week controversially delayed the game's Wii U release until September. The game had been finished, the delay was simply to release the title simultaneously with the new PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions.

Ancel and his team appeared holding a banner baring the words: "Sortez nous Rayman. Soutient a Ubi Montpellier."

"Release Rayman. Support Ubisoft Montpelier." (Thanks Eurogamer.fr for the translation).

Rayman's crying face is seen in the middle of the poster.

A speech bubble emanates from his mouth. It simply says "SVP" - "please".

The background of the poster includes crowds holding banners that read "Wii U", "Rayman", "Michel Ancel" and "28/02/13", the game's intended release date before the delay.

An un-named ex-developer spoke out earlier this week and blamed Ubisoft's "men in ties" for the delay. He described the news as having been "hell" to hear after months of hard work to finish the game.

Ubisoft responded to fan fury at the decision by promising another Wii U demo.

Eurogamer has contacted Ubisoft for comment.

---
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FanHater
#2Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/12/2013 8:17:03 AM
Ubisoft handling this PR quite good, send a developer out so they act like they want to release it while it covers the loss sales by saying "Hey, the actual developer isn't bad he's trying to help we should still support this game!"

Ubisoft for President!
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#3cucumberkingPosted 2/12/2013 8:18:15 AM
Crap is hitting the fan. I doubt anything will change though.
#4MichaelDeAngeloPosted 2/12/2013 8:18:44 AM
We don't want the demo, we want the game. Clearly the devs think their game is complete. Release the game already.
---
Alundra is the best top-down Zelda game since Link to the Past.
Darksiders is the best 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.
#5ArchsazePosted 2/12/2013 8:36:40 AM
While I admire giving Ubisoft grief, this will not allow a Wii U release earlier than the multiplatform release. The only reason why the Wii U version was delayed was because Microsoft reserves the right not to release a third party game if it has already been released first on another system.
#6PoltergustPosted 2/12/2013 8:46:14 AM
Still, the fact that they are not allowed to release a game that they worked so hard to develop for another 7 months...

This has really lowered my opinion of Ubisodt's publishing side (which was already low to begin with).
---
I find sports video games to be the ultimate in irony and redundancy.-Kahai
#7ChargrilledPosted 2/12/2013 8:49:01 AM
Nothing will change.
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN/Wii-U : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#8laxnd23Posted 2/12/2013 8:52:11 AM
The problem is that they delayed the Wii U release. I, like a bunch of gamers, don't care about the multiplatform part, it's the delay of an already finished game that is incredibly stupid.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#9ThePrisoner06Posted 2/12/2013 8:53:43 AM
This article does make me think of one vital question. Is Ubisoft trying to do something positive and has got a reason for wanting to delay the release of the game, on whatever console, for making sure that the game is totally complete. And without bugs or glitches.

My reasoning for thinking this way, comes from my experience of playing Zombi U, another Ubisoft release, and also from Ubisoft Montpillere (may be spelt incorrectly), which is one of the games that I have and was released when the Wii U was released. But does have quite a few bugs and glitches within the game, and sometimes brings the game to a grinding halt.

And now less than 4 months after the games release, the developers have announced that they are working on a patch for the game.

I feel that in the modern games and consoles business, that games are released far too fast, without being fully tested. Meeting a deadline to release a game onto the market is sometimes bad.

So maybe Ubisoft are just trying to be a bit cautious over releasing this game just now, on any of the consoles that are out there. As having to patch a game within say 6 months to me is bad news.
---
Andy2 FC 2151-1371-4797 (PAL) AndyInTheUK FC 5157-7476-8700.[LC]Andy FC 2752-6452-7805.(Both NTSC) http://i.imgur.com/YD02k.jpg
#10sloevenh1Posted 2/12/2013 8:56:04 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Ubisoft handling this PR quite good, send a developer out so they act like they want to release it while it covers the loss sales by saying "Hey, the actual developer isn't bad he's trying to help we should still support this game!"

Ubisoft for President!

this
---
German GW2 player? Check out our guild: http://www.icantmove.org/