Rayman creator and development team protest Ubisoft.

#11Gamer0561Posted 2/12/2013 8:31:15 AM
Even if it were staged, what benefit comes from it? Buying the game doesn't pay the developers, they already got paid.
---
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FanHater
#12excitebike64Posted 2/12/2013 8:32:21 AM
Looks like Rayman may become the next Megaman.

Wait and see.
#13LinktoDrink(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 8:32:40 AM
noutBr posted...
Sadly it appears that the game HAS to be delayed because of the terms Microsoft has for multiplatform releases on 360 so I doubt that Ubisoft will change their plans.

That's a lousy fake rumor. Razor's Edge is being ported to 360 for release in April.
#14Dark_Link92Posted 2/12/2013 8:36:09 AM
I love that even Ancel- the creative genius behind the entire game, is pissed at the decision.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#15noutBrPosted 2/12/2013 8:36:23 AM
LinktoDrink posted...
noutBr posted...
Sadly it appears that the game HAS to be delayed because of the terms Microsoft has for multiplatform releases on 360 so I doubt that Ubisoft will change their plans.

That's a lousy fake rumor. Razor's Edge is being ported to 360 for release in April.

Interesting, I read that everywhere so I assumed there was some truth to it. But the terms may be a little more complicated than that and not every game will be given the same treatment. I haven't followed anything surrounding Razor's Edge but wasn't that already released for Wii U before the announcement that it would go multiplatform?
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#16The_BoredomsPosted 2/12/2013 8:37:27 AM
Of course it looks staged. All protests are staged.
#17Sailor GoonPosted 2/12/2013 8:40:05 AM
Gamer0561 posted...
Even if it were staged, what benefit comes from it? Buying the game doesn't pay the developers, they already got paid.

What benefit? Have you seen the reaction to the delay? Its a PR disaster. If it is fake, its most obviously done to save face.

The last I checked, over 7000 petitioned the game. Hundreds more I've seen on Ubisoft's Facebook page have said they've cancelled their preorder. They've potentially lost hundreds of thousands of dollars over this decision.
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#18Ambassador_KongPosted 2/12/2013 8:40:12 AM
Staged or not, it doesn't change a thing. Ubisoft has lost my day one purchase and I will be picking this up when it hits the bargain bin (i.e. 2 weeks after release)
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. by Mahatma Gandhi.
#19Gamer0561Posted 2/12/2013 8:44:15 AM
Sailor Goon posted...
Gamer0561 posted...

What benefit? Have you seen the reaction to the delay? Its a PR disaster. If it is fake, its most obviously done to save face.

The last I checked, over 7000 petitioned the game. Hundreds more I've seen on Ubisoft's Facebook page have said they've cancelled their preorder. They've potentially lost hundreds of thousands of dollars over this decision.

Save whose face? Developers say yeah Ubi release now. People who are angry agree. If Ubi told them to protest what benefit does Ubi get by having the devs say they are unfair? I don't get it.
---
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FanHater
#20nonexistingheroPosted 2/12/2013 8:44:42 AM
noutBr posted...
That's awesome, even if it was a fan who made the banner and asked the creators to hold it.

Sadly it appears that the game HAS to be delayed because of the terms Microsoft has for multiplatform releases on 360 so I doubt that Ubisoft will change their plans. It looks to me that either they cancel it for 360 and release it on Wii U early as planned or release all 3 versions at the same time.

Even though I enjoyed Rayman Legends I wasn't really blown away so I personally wouldn't have bought the sequel for full price anyway.

Sounds like a dumb excuse though. Microsoft only enforces that rule when they feel like it. MS' policy is also that the other consoles may not have any extras above the 360 version. Same thing, although they hardly enforce it these days. With Rayman Legends having Wii-exclusive features, that could've been reason enough for them to force Ubi to downgrade the game (although, as a developer, I'd just not release it on their console as a protest. Yeah, you'd have less profit at first, but in it would lead to less strict rules for your other games, since they need you harder than you need them).
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.