Rayman creator and development team protest Ubisoft.

#31BeanBeanKingdomPosted 2/12/2013 10:31:57 AM
huyi posted...
good luck to them, the french are never the ones to just sit there and do nothing, at least they tried.

Knowing them, corporate heads will be on the chopping block if Ubisoft denies them.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#32TerotrousPosted 2/12/2013 10:34:38 AM
vidalmoraza posted...
Is easy, the damage is done, so put the people that make the game with a protest to show they care, and support the studio, but the game is still gonna be till september, buy it....

I dunno, that just keeps the issue in the news a bit longer. The best situation I think for them is that this all blows over and people forget about how mad they were.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#33Cow KillerPosted 2/12/2013 10:55:32 AM
Yeah, I don't see how keeping this in the news really helps much, though I do think Ubi might have paid attention to all the people saying "Support the devs, support the devs!"

Still no purchase from me.
---
Nothin' like a sponge for gaming!
#34vidalmorazaPosted 2/12/2013 10:56:48 AM
Cow Killer posted...
Yeah, I don't see how keeping this in the news really helps much, though I do think Ubi might have paid attention to all the people saying "Support the devs, support the devs!"

Devs are like: "we are victims, buy our game please"

I still think that is staged....
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#35NewbiusPosted 2/12/2013 11:03:43 AM
vidalmoraza posted...
Cow Killer posted...

Does it matter that if it is staged? After I did a bit more research, I found out that drawn poster was made by fans and asked the developers if they wanted to be in the picture. Weather if it's true or not, the developers are not happy with Ubisoft's decision.
#36vidalmorazaPosted 2/12/2013 11:06:31 AM
Newbius posted...
vidalmoraza posted...
Cow Killer posted...

Does it matter that if it is staged? After I did a bit more research, I found out that drawn poster was made by fans and asked the developers if they wanted to be in the picture. Weather if it's true or not, the developers are not happy with Ubisoft's decision.

Yes, because this is a way to tell us that we are not gonna get the game till september, but the devs worked so hard, and they are even in a protest, BUY THE GAME $$$$

I understand the devs and I support them, but Im not gonna buy the game, I was gonna buy it in Feb because there was not much to buy in the Wii U, by september, and not only that month, some near ones, are packed with games I want, so went from day 1 to maybe 2014 in a dry month....
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#37lp913Posted 2/12/2013 11:13:56 AM(edited)
To hell with that being staged....the HEAD DEVELOPER of the game (not to mention of the ENTIRE FRIGGIN FRANCHISE) as well well as being one of the centerpieces to Ubisofts overall success WOULD NOT do that just for the hell of it......Obviously he wants the game to release on Wii U ON ITS ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE, cause he knows just like to rest of us they'll be missing out on a significant amount of sales if they delay it 7 months later, all of their hard work to make the game top notch high quality, sent out to die (going into next holiday season when the biggest games of the year, not to mention when new home consoles usually comes out) for literally no reason.

It speaks VOLUMES more than anything, and shows that Ubisoft (regardless of what check Microsoft sent them) has A REAL PUBLISHER PROBLEM on their hands not just with Wii U owners, but their own storied dev team about the unnecessary delay! O_O
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#38Cow KillerPosted 2/12/2013 11:18:44 AM
Looking at all the facts, sometimes I can't help but feel that Ubisoft intentionally wants this game to die just to strong-arm the devs. If that's the case, the developers don't really have a lot to lose.
---
Nothin' like a sponge for gaming!
#39Board_hunter567Posted 2/12/2013 12:00:19 PM(edited)
Maybe the people who say this is staged are on to something...

Tell the developers to go protest for a PR stunt, devs think it's all in good faith.
Months later, massive layoffs due to "rowdy and unorthodox employee behavior," thereby cancelling BG&E2.