Defending Miyamoto's stupid ideas.

#1KroganBallEaterPosted 2/12/2013 8:20:40 AM
1. Skyward Sword art style and motion controls.

He suggested the change from a realistic art style to a cartoonish one due to the fact that the Zelda franchise wouldn't be able to pull off a good realistic art style with the Wii's limits.

and the motion control is really fun once you get used to is, not perfect but what is?

2. Wii Music

Guitar Hero was doing good and he thought it would be a good idea.

3. No story in Paper Mario Sticker Star.

okay this was a dumb idea and the way he worded it was a terrible way to word it.
---
OMG Krogan!!!! That would hurt my precious little fanny!!!! LOL!!!!! - GamerGirlz after I told her to shove a stick of rhubarb up her fanny.
#2SlimeSwayzePosted 2/12/2013 8:23:03 AM
I'll always love him, but the man has clearly lost his edge, or whatever it was that made him so successful. He's never been the same since he took on the role of overseeing several projects, instead of simply focusing his energies on producing one game at a time.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#3cucumberkingPosted 2/12/2013 8:23:17 AM
Skyward Sword is my 3rd favorite Zelda. Love it. Never had an issue with the motion controls aside from swimming.
#4darkqueenhelbaPosted 2/12/2013 8:23:46 AM
Miyamoto really hasn't done anything in quite sometime. Save Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. So I don't know what you're talking about....
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#5DeathSoul2000Posted 2/12/2013 8:25:49 AM
people really need to stop using "he saved gaming 30 years ago" as an excuse to not let other people say a bad word against him.
#6WaruigiPosted 2/12/2013 8:29:28 AM
He suggested the change from a realistic art style to a cartoonish one due to the fact that the Zelda franchise wouldn't be able to pull off a good realistic art style with the Wii's limits.

He was pretty much dead on. The way Skyward Sword look grew on me, even if the motion controls didn't as much.
---
"I'm no longer surprised by how long and how earnestly people can talk about absolute rubbish." -shockwavepulsarjim
#7leeko_linkPosted 2/12/2013 10:08:01 AM
Skyward Sword look quite good, it's like if you let Wind Waker married Twilight Princess and they had a child. Miyamoto is known for making dumb decision cuz he think ppl will get use to them and when they don't he'll just say what he said back when Donkey Kong Country debut. Miyamoto had to realize not everyone had the same appeal, I had to admit Yoshi's Island is great but saying stuff like ppl only play DKC for the graphics is just ignorance. Also removing the RPG element from Paper Mario: Sticker Star, cutting out new IPs (Dinosaur Planet, Panel de Pon, Yarn Hero, etc.) and turning them into old IPs (Star Fox Adventures, Tetris Attack, Kirby's Epic Yarn, etc.) just makes me lose a bit of respect for the guy.
#8Gamer0561Posted 2/12/2013 10:09:40 AM
leeko_link posted...
Skyward Sword look quite good, it's like if you let Wind Waker married Twilight Princess and they had a child.

I agree wholeheartedly. I think it's the best art style for Zelda honestly, though I'd change some facial features slightly.
---
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FanHater
#9teamaquashockPosted 2/12/2013 10:09:52 AM
cucumberking posted...
Skyward Sword is my 3rd favorite Zelda. Love it. Never had an issue with the motion controls aside from swimming.

Same here, made the game challenging and fun. Sometimes pressing buttons is just not that fun compared to the accurate motion controls in SS.
---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-" 3DS Friend Code: 0430-9368-3384
#10trenkenPosted 2/12/2013 10:11:22 AM
I dont know if he's lost his edge. The problem is his position so high up in the company, he cannot focus on games like he used to. In the 80s and 90s he would spend 2 years of his life working on 1 game. And pretty much all of them turned out great, some of the best games ever made.

Well now he's just a top down advisor, things are briefly run by him, he offers opinions, but he cant spend a ton of time immersing himself in a game to know whats best for it. He got that big promotion after Mario 64, and since then he's been involved in a lot of safe sequels and games that arent very memorable. I guess one of the only truly amazing ones was Metroid Prime, and much of that was from Retro, not him.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero