Defending Miyamoto's stupid ideas.

#21DrRMPosted 2/12/2013 12:54:57 PM
Jaime_Benn posted...
I lied down on my bed while playing Skyward Sword with no issues...

best part of the wii control :3

I can rest on my bed with hand on my back and still play nicely must of it game :3

I do this with smash a lot xD
---
"He aqui mi secreto, que no puede ser mas simple : solo con el corazon se puede ver bien; lo esencial es invisible para los ojos."
#22excitebike64Posted 2/12/2013 12:59:00 PM
Vast majority of the time, they make $$$.
#23DreamsaberPosted 2/12/2013 1:03:50 PM
DrRM posted...
Jaime_Benn posted...

I can rest on my bed with hand on my back and still play nicely must of it game :3

go away contortionist
---
You opened a debate, and I'll be damned if you're not going to finish it. ~smashbrother3
#24DrRMPosted 2/12/2013 1:20:44 PM
Dreamsaber posted...
DrRM posted...
Jaime_Benn posted...

go away contortionist

xD hehehe I forget to say on the back of my head lol, but was playing GRO (was in a hurry, match started as I was typing)xD
---
"He aqui mi secreto, que no puede ser mas simple : solo con el corazon se puede ver bien; lo esencial es invisible para los ojos."
#25Dark_AbaddonPosted 2/12/2013 2:26:17 PM
KroganBallEater posted...
1. Skyward Sword art style and motion controls.

He suggested the change from a realistic art style to a cartoonish one due to the fact that the Zelda franchise wouldn't be able to pull off a good realistic art style with the Wii's limits.

and the motion control is really fun once you get used to is, not perfect but what is?

Miyamoto was definitely right on this one. The game looks very good for a Wii game, realistic graphics would have made it look worse.

Motion controls were very will done in Skyward Sword, and I never really had a problem with them...
controller support would not have worked well for some of the bosses in this game either...

3. No story in Paper Mario Sticker Star.

okay this was a dumb idea and the way he worded it was a terrible way to word it.

Paper Mario with a story = 9.5 or 10
Paper Mario with no story = 7.5 or 8

it doesn't need a story, but it is SO much better with one
---
and thus concludes my post.
#26mtjormitchPosted 2/12/2013 3:50:35 PM
DrRM posted...

He suggested the change from a realistic art style to a cartoonish one due to the fact that the Zelda franchise wouldn't be able to pull off a good realistic art style with the Wii's limits.

and the motion control is really fun once you get used to is, not perfect but what is?

2. Wii Music

Guitar Hero was doing good and he thought it would be a good idea.

okay this was a dumb idea and the way he worded it was a terrible way to word it.

http://www.daveandgracie.com/crap/captainobv/Captain%20Obvious%20Oh%20you%20have%20an%20opinion%20copy.jpg

1-I love it art style (impressionism) and love it motion controls.

2- I have never played wii music, so... no comment yet.

3-Gameplay over story is Miyamoto and Nintendo's philosophy and I love em for that. I want videogames not interactive movies

Why bother to play a video game if it doesn't have a story... also the fact that SPM was the best mario game ever due to it's story alone. That was the best damn one out of all mario games because it tried to be great unlike the gameplay marios which are nothing but junk nowadays.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#27DrRMPosted 2/12/2013 6:33:38 PM
mtjormitch posted...
DrRM posted...

2. Wii Music

Guitar Hero was doing good and he thought it would be a good idea.

http://www.daveandgracie.com/crap/captainobv/Captain%20Obvious%20Oh%20you%20have%20an%20opinion%20copy.jpg

1-I love it art style (impressionism) and love it motion controls.

2- I have never played wii music, so... no comment yet.

3-Gameplay over story is Miyamoto and Nintendo's philosophy and I love em for that. I want videogames not interactive movies

Why bother to play a video game if it doesn't have a story... also the fact that SPM was the best mario game ever due to it's story alone. That was the best damn one out of all mario games because it tried to be great unlike the gameplay marios which are nothing but junk nowadays.

http://narwhaler.com/img/yv/p/mario-facepalm-yVPWbN.jpg
---
#28DiscostewSMPosted 2/12/2013 6:37:23 PM
You know, I prefer Miyamoto's ideas over the common gamer's ideas.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#29TheBonfiniPosted 2/12/2013 6:39:40 PM
He is a raving dinosaur. No one takes anything he says seriously. No one listens to him. He is just a figurehead.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg