What games did you love playing despite its overall bad review?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What games did you love playing despite its overall bad review?

User Info: teamaquashock

4 years ago#1
There was this weird game on the GameCube, It was sorta an unknown game, but I found it fun. T'was called "Ribbit King". Yeah... I dunno why.

Also, when the first Monster Hunter came out, it got like, a 4/10. And I love that game, and see where Monster Hunter is now.

Medal Of Honor (the one before Warfighter, Although I think that got an ok review) Simple game, but got a lot of fun about it.

How bout you guys?
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-" 3DS Friend Code: 0430-9368-3384

User Info: Demon_Kiwi

4 years ago#2
Mortal Kombat Mythologies: SubZero.
I can't deny the game is flawed but aside from being incredibly repetitive it wasn't THAT bad
Gamertag: Daemon Kiwi

User Info: P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N

4 years ago#3
Castlevania Judgement. Game was crapped on by reviewers but I, and most others who have played it, love the game and what it offers.
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece

User Info: The_Boredoms

4 years ago#4
Granted, most of the harshest assessments of the game came a couple of decades after release, but I've always really enjoyed Milon's Secret Castle.

More on topic, I developed a minor obsession with Castlevania 64 when it first came out. I've played it again recently, however, and it's rather horrid.

User Info: allchiefedup

4 years ago#5
Brink. Such a fun shooter with it's own style and it was about more than just killing. The online at launch was terrible though and the community never had a chance to grow.

User Info: TheTrueNub

4 years ago#6
Infinite Undiscovery
Keep calm and hee-ho

User Info: BeanBeanKingdom

4 years ago#7
I just bought Disaster Day of Crisis and so far I think it's a lot better than what its middling reviews imply. Really enjoying it.
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.

User Info: Faceman_

4 years ago#8
Duke Nukem Forever. Leagues better than all these garbage overly serious fps games coming out these days. (Halo 4, CoD) Its laughable how hard these games try to be "hardcore".

User Info: LinktoDrink

4 years ago#9
Advent Rising

User Info: ChipChipperson

4 years ago#10
Escape From Bug Island. The gameplay was pretty blah but the cheese factor still had me enjoying myself.

Two Worlds. Despite its flaws I still enjoy it more than the Elder Scrolls games. The game world is massive and exploring is fun.
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What games did you love playing despite its overall bad review?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived