What games did you love playing despite its overall bad review?

#1teamaquashockPosted 2/12/2013 10:45:51 AM
There was this weird game on the GameCube, It was sorta an unknown game, but I found it fun. T'was called "Ribbit King". Yeah... I dunno why.

Also, when the first Monster Hunter came out, it got like, a 4/10. And I love that game, and see where Monster Hunter is now.

Medal Of Honor (the one before Warfighter, Although I think that got an ok review) Simple game, but got a lot of fun about it.

How bout you guys?
---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-" 3DS Friend Code: 0430-9368-3384
#2Demon_KiwiPosted 2/12/2013 10:58:04 AM
Mortal Kombat Mythologies: SubZero.
I can't deny the game is flawed but aside from being incredibly repetitive it wasn't THAT bad
---
Gamertag: Daemon Kiwi
#3P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/12/2013 10:58:10 AM
Castlevania Judgement. Game was crapped on by reviewers but I, and most others who have played it, love the game and what it offers.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#4The_BoredomsPosted 2/12/2013 11:02:38 AM(edited)
Granted, most of the harshest assessments of the game came a couple of decades after release, but I've always really enjoyed Milon's Secret Castle.

More on topic, I developed a minor obsession with Castlevania 64 when it first came out. I've played it again recently, however, and it's rather horrid.
#5allchiefedupPosted 2/12/2013 11:11:15 AM
Brink. Such a fun shooter with it's own style and it was about more than just killing. The online at launch was terrible though and the community never had a chance to grow.
#6TheTrueNubPosted 2/12/2013 11:11:49 AM
Infinite Undiscovery
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#7BeanBeanKingdomPosted 2/12/2013 11:16:37 AM
I just bought Disaster Day of Crisis and so far I think it's a lot better than what its middling reviews imply. Really enjoying it.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#8Faceman_Posted 2/12/2013 11:22:13 AM
Duke Nukem Forever. Leagues better than all these garbage overly serious fps games coming out these days. (Halo 4, CoD) Its laughable how hard these games try to be "hardcore".
#9LinktoDrinkPosted 2/12/2013 11:22:47 AM
Advent Rising
#10ChipChippersonPosted 2/12/2013 1:21:26 PM
Escape From Bug Island. The gameplay was pretty blah but the cheese factor still had me enjoying myself.

Two Worlds. Despite its flaws I still enjoy it more than the Elder Scrolls games. The game world is massive and exploring is fun.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.