Is Mario getting stale?

#181trollhunter2Posted 2/14/2013 5:26:22 PM
the 3d mario games are very creative, and you cant get wrong with them. However for 2D mario games, its very hard to innovate new stuff
---
Official Alundra of PSASBR Board
just add me psn: Naijaplaya
#182IronticsDragonLPosted 2/14/2013 5:35:07 PM
I say Mario is not getting stale. If people think that, it's because Nintendo would not want to change the formula, otherwise the fans would be something like this:
"OMG WHY THE HELL DID THEY CHANGE MARIO! DAMNIT NINTENDON'T!"
Or something like this:
"MARIO IS SO OLD WHY U NO CHANGE MARIO NINTENDO?!"
So Nintendo is in trouble with Mario either way.
---
I'm ballin, ballin, ballin, Jarl ballin, ballin, ballin, swag.
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6
#183Vegeta1000(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 6:55:43 PM
How do you guys feel about the Mario spinoffs?
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!
#184xChaosLordxPosted 2/14/2013 7:12:51 PM
They still haven't made a better Mario game than Super Mario World.
#185Solid_SOAPPosted 2/14/2013 7:19:53 PM
With Luigi's Mansion 2 and Mario & Luigi Dream Team looking to be pumping life back into the series, I'm finally excited to play some new Mario games for once. New worlds, unique atmospheres and characters, interesting stories and concepts, etc. I can't wait, this gives me hope for the newest Wii U Mario games.
#186MarioMan847Posted 2/14/2013 7:51:01 PM
Solid_SOAP posted...
With Luigi's Mansion 2 and Mario & Luigi Dream Team looking to be pumping life back into the series

The series never freaking died.
---
Video games are awesome.
#187DanteSInferno84Posted 2/14/2013 7:56:15 PM
The thing with Mario is, there is only so much else that CAN be done with him.

He's done alot, from racing titles, to fighting, to party and sports games. He's even been in the RPG realm. Frankly the only thing he HASN'T been yet is a flight simulator, FPS, and RTS and frankly I don't think any of those would work out at all with him. Well... maybe an RTS...

I mean, I would love to hear of another franchise that has nearly as much diversity right now. I know I never heard of Master Chief Cart. Nor do I think they're making a CoD Party series.

Heck, others have been trying to snake the Smash Bros style of games and not done well at all (All Stars was a nice try, TMNT was a horrible try).
#188jakestar0306Posted 2/14/2013 8:20:51 PM
DanteSInferno84 posted...
Frankly the only thing he HASN'T been yet is a flight simulator, FPS, and RTS and frankly I don't think any of those would work out at all with him.

Actually...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/588877-yoshis-safari
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#189DanteSInferno84Posted 2/14/2013 8:25:56 PM
I stand corrected (but it was still pretty sub par of a game too lol)

So yeah, there REALLY isn't much else you can do with Mario, aside from an Angry Mario title where you launch Mario, Luigi, Toad, and Peach from a flagpole at a castle to take out Koopa Troopas, Goombas, and the occasional Koopaling and or Bowser lol