Who else loves the launch window games

#1BoomerTheGreatPosted 2/12/2013 12:30:36 PM
I see a bunch of GFAQs users claiming they dislike the launch games but I don't see why. I see at least 5 games that look interesting and in the TC I wont go into listing all the games I want unless someone asks. Honestly nothing is wrong with the launch games. First launch with a CoD, NBA2k, Assassin's Creed, Mario, and its a very unique collection of games. In summary I believe the launch window games were good and I was looking to see who all agree or disagree.
---
Greatness comes from within
#2ChipChippersonPosted 2/12/2013 12:34:59 PM
I'm fine with the launch selection, I thought highly enough of it to buy 13 games.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#3kissdadookiePosted 2/12/2013 12:36:20 PM
ChipChipperson posted...
I'm fine with the launch selection, I thought highly enough of it to buy 13 games.

SMH. I totally splurged on the Wii U but even when I tried my best, there was only 6 games really worth picking up for the system regardless of it being a port or not.
#4SilentdazePosted 2/12/2013 12:38:54 PM
As someone who only has time to play at most 2 games a month, I'm highly satisfied.

I don't mean that sarcastically either. Between Nintendoland, Trine 2, NSMBU, I haven't even had a chance to open Zombi U.

While there is nothing "exciting" to look forward to in the short term, and that is a bummer, I don't see why so many people are dissatisfied with whats currently out
---
Pokemon Black2 FC: 2108 6746 9224 (new player looking for trades)
3DS FC: 4296 4405 8727, NintendoID: the1graz (friend me through Miiverse)
#5DinglesteedPosted 2/12/2013 12:48:55 PM
I like them. There was a good variety to choose from. I personally bought:

NintendoLand (Included)
NSMBU
Call of Duty: BO2
Zombi U
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

I was looking at getting Sonic Racing (friend has it and it's really good) and Ninja Gaiden but will just wait til Monster Hunter and LEGO. Black Ops has me entertained for the time being, as well as my 50+ game backlog on Steam...Darn holiday sales!
---
Playing: NSMBU, CoD: BO2, Zombi U, BF3, WoW, EVE Online, NHL 13
http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg
#6kissdadookiePosted 2/12/2013 12:49:00 PM
Silentdaze posted...
As someone who only has time to play at most 2 games a month, I'm highly satisfied.

I don't mean that sarcastically either. Between Nintendoland, Trine 2, NSMBU, I haven't even had a chance to open Zombi U.

While there is nothing "exciting" to look forward to in the short term, and that is a bummer, I don't see why so many people are dissatisfied with whats currently out

Because there are actually far better games to play than the games available on the Wii U. You know, like:

Ni No Kuni
Fire Emblem: Awakening
DmC
FarCry 3
Crysis 3 is next week

Ni Ni Kuni, Fire Emblem, and FarCry 3, just those 3 games alone can easily take up months of an average gamers gaming time. So unless your only system is the Wii U, there's just better games to play on other platforms.
#7SilentdazePosted 2/12/2013 12:54:45 PM
kissdadookie posted...
Silentdaze posted...

Because there are actually far better games to play than the games available on the Wii U. You know, like:

Ni No Kuni
DmC
FarCry 3
Crysis 3 is next week

Ni Ni Kuni, Fire Emblem, and FarCry 3, just those 3 games alone can easily take up months of an average gamers gaming time. So unless your only system is the Wii U, there's just better games to play on other platforms.

I have a 360, tried DmC and didn't really like it. FarCry isn't my thing. I plan on getting Fire Emblem when I know I'll have some time on my hands

Anyway though - in order to play the games on your list, you would need at least two systems. PS3 for Ni No Kuni (and the rest). 3DS for Fire Emblem. If all you had was a 360, you couldn't play those - but no one is hating on the 360 for that.

Wii U may not have the AAA system seller, but it has solid games, and the AAA exclusives will come.

If you wanted to play every amazing game, unfortunately you need multiple systems. Why so much hate towards 1?
---
#8kissdadookiePosted 2/12/2013 1:00:42 PM
Silentdaze posted...
kissdadookie posted...
Silentdaze posted...

Ni No Kuni
DmC
FarCry 3
Crysis 3 is next week

I have a 360, tried DmC and didn't really like it. FarCry isn't my thing. I plan on getting Fire Emblem when I know I'll have some time on my hands

Anyway though - in order to play the games on your list, you would need at least two systems. PS3 for Ni No Kuni (and the rest). 3DS for Fire Emblem. If all you had was a 360, you couldn't play those - but no one is hating on the 360 for that.

Wii U may not have the AAA system seller, but it has solid games, and the AAA exclusives will come.

If you wanted to play every amazing game, unfortunately you need multiple systems. Why so much hate towards 1?

Even if you only had a 360, there's FarCry 3, Witcher 2, Halo 4, a lot of games actually. Fez as well and other XBL games.

I'm also not hating on the Wii U. I was just responding honestly to why some people thought that the Wii U launch games though impressive, was not that great due to it consisting mostly of ports, a 2D Mario which is very clearly Nintendo just rushing out a practically cookie cutter NSMB to meet Wii U launch, and ZombiU which even though it's good, there's just better games that have come out at roughly the same time the Wii U launched. I bought my system and like yourself, I'm looking forward to Nintendo exclusives down the line, but right now, for a person that has not picked up the Wii U yet, there's really little reason to go out and buy one right now until Nintendo fleshes out the software library.

It's the same reasoning behind why I wouldn't have told people to buy a 360 or PS3 at launch. Those systems both took a year to really gain software momentum.
#9SilentdazePosted 2/12/2013 1:06:37 PM
kissdadookie posted...

Even if you only had a 360, there's FarCry 3, Witcher 2, Halo 4, a lot of games actually. Fez as well and other XBL games.

I'm also not hating on the Wii U. I was just responding honestly to why some people thought that the Wii U launch games though impressive, was not that great due to it consisting mostly of ports, a 2D Mario which is very clearly Nintendo just rushing out a practically cookie cutter NSMB to meet Wii U launch, and ZombiU which even though it's good, there's just better games that have come out at roughly the same time the Wii U launched. I bought my system and like yourself, I'm looking forward to Nintendo exclusives down the line, but right now, for a person that has not picked up the Wii U yet, there's really little reason to go out and buy one right now until Nintendo fleshes out the software library.

It's the same reasoning behind why I wouldn't have told people to buy a 360 or PS3 at launch. Those systems both took a year to really gain software momentum.

Gotcha. It's pretty depressing to see developers abandoning the system though. It's tough to sift through the link bait articles and the real stories to get a true view of the system - it just seems everyone is hating on Nintendo, and I hope it doesn't stay that way
---
#10nintendo3000Posted 2/12/2013 1:16:43 PM
kissdadookie posted...
Silentdaze posted...
kissdadookie posted...
Silentdaze posted...

Ni No Kuni
DmC
FarCry 3
Crysis 3 is next week

Isn't Fez being ported to other consoles?
---
Karma hit 666 at 9/5/11
Fluttershy is BEST PONY!!!