Who else loves the launch window games

#11laxnd23Posted 2/12/2013 2:18:22 PM
The problem with the launch window game's is that if you already own them on a 360 or PS3, there isn't any reason to buy them again. That's why I'm waiting. The only launch window games that I don't have for 360 that interest me are Zombie U and Scribblenauts.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#12kissdadookiePosted 2/12/2013 2:18:29 PM
nintendo3000 posted...
kissdadookie posted...
Silentdaze posted...
kissdadookie posted...
Silentdaze posted...
As someone who only has time to play at most 2 games a month, I'm highly satisfied.

I don't mean that sarcastically either. Between Nintendoland, Trine 2, NSMBU, I haven't even had a chance to open Zombi U.

While there is nothing "exciting" to look forward to in the short term, and that is a bummer, I don't see why so many people are dissatisfied with whats currently out

Because there are actually far better games to play than the games available on the Wii U. You know, like:

Ni No Kuni
Fire Emblem: Awakening
DmC
FarCry 3
Crysis 3 is next week

Ni Ni Kuni, Fire Emblem, and FarCry 3, just those 3 games alone can easily take up months of an average gamers gaming time. So unless your only system is the Wii U, there's just better games to play on other platforms.

I have a 360, tried DmC and didn't really like it. FarCry isn't my thing. I plan on getting Fire Emblem when I know I'll have some time on my hands

Anyway though - in order to play the games on your list, you would need at least two systems. PS3 for Ni No Kuni (and the rest). 3DS for Fire Emblem. If all you had was a 360, you couldn't play those - but no one is hating on the 360 for that.

Wii U may not have the AAA system seller, but it has solid games, and the AAA exclusives will come.

If you wanted to play every amazing game, unfortunately you need multiple systems. Why so much hate towards 1?

Even if you only had a 360, there's FarCry 3, Witcher 2, Halo 4, a lot of games actually. Fez as well and other XBL games.

I'm also not hating on the Wii U. I was just responding honestly to why some people thought that the Wii U launch games though impressive, was not that great due to it consisting mostly of ports, a 2D Mario which is very clearly Nintendo just rushing out a practically cookie cutter NSMB to meet Wii U launch, and ZombiU which even though it's good, there's just better games that have come out at roughly the same time the Wii U launched. I bought my system and like yourself, I'm looking forward to Nintendo exclusives down the line, but right now, for a person that has not picked up the Wii U yet, there's really little reason to go out and buy one right now until Nintendo fleshes out the software library.

It's the same reasoning behind why I wouldn't have told people to buy a 360 or PS3 at launch. Those systems both took a year to really gain software momentum.

Isn't Fez being ported to other consoles?

To the PS3 I think. I know that it will be ported to PC for sure, it's already been announced I think. No word on Wii U though.
#13kissdadookiePosted 2/12/2013 2:20:16 PM
laxnd23 posted...
The problem with the launch window game's is that if you already own them on a 360 or PS3, there isn't any reason to buy them again. That's why I'm waiting. The only launch window games that I don't have for 360 that interest me are Zombie U and Scribblenauts.

SKIP SCRIBBLENAUTS!!!!!! Unless you find it heavily discounted. The extra Nintendo characters are just not worth it. The game itself is not worth the $60 asking price. Even the $40 asking price for the 3DS version is questionable but still better than $60. The game will also eventually end up on iOS for a bargain basement price. I believe you can also buy it on Steam for a dramatically lower price than even the 3DS version.
#14diggyfreshPosted 2/12/2013 2:23:44 PM
The launch games are alright. There's just about a game for every taste and a couple of gems too. I just went to metacritic and listed them, and it's a fair spread of opinion.

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/new-releases/wii-u/userscore?view=condensed&hardware=all
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#15BoomerTheGreat(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 2:28:24 PM
ChipChipperson posted...
I'm fine with the launch selection, I thought highly enough of it to buy 13 games.

I will be in a similar situation soon. I plan on getting around 8 games maybe more depending on the Wii games I want so I might go 10+. That seems like a great launch to me.
---
Greatness comes from within