Deluxe version worth it if I won't be downloading anything.

#1FirsnachiePosted 2/12/2013 1:50:19 PM
Not a big fan on Nintendo's online policy so I will prolly not be downloading anything ever.

Besides Nintendoland should I just save the 50 bucks
---
PSN - Fersnachi
=D =D =D =D =D =D
#2Virus66Posted 2/12/2013 1:52:22 PM
Not really unless you planned on getting Nintendo Land or reaaaaaaaally wanted a black console.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#3kissdadookiePosted 2/12/2013 1:55:52 PM
Yes because for $50 more you quadruple the storage and get Nintendoland. There's also the eShop promotion that nets you 10% of what you spend. I already have $20 in eShop credits from this promotion.
#4TerotrousPosted 2/12/2013 1:56:28 PM
You can also now buy Nintendoland for about $30.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#5sejan12Posted 2/12/2013 1:58:30 PM
I found several benefits to the Deluxe version.

The color is nice.

The extra space offers potential for the future.
-Extra space means more potential to level editors and more complex save files

Nintendo Land should not be over looked.
-The game is far better than any other MiniGame collection that Nintendo has released. This is the perfect game to play with others.

While cheap, the silly little pieces of plastic that come with the Deluxe are convenient
-I use the stand for the console and the charging dock extensively

The Deluxe Digital Promotion is good for any online purchase that you might make.
-I have no interest downloading games that are otherwise available at retail, but it will benefit me greatly with download-only releases as well as downloadable content
#6Maxx_the_SlashPosted 2/12/2013 2:00:12 PM
If the Wii U exits it's current slump (which will definitely happen once Super Smash Bros. Wii U comes out, if the Monolith game "X" and a few others don't do it first), then a 32 GB deluxe console might still be worth it, because not only are you getting a ton of stuff extra that would otherwise cost you a little bit, but the oncoming wave of games that will be out before the year's over could stack up and an 8 GB storage capacity may not be enough.

I'd rather have too much space memory than not enough. For only 50 bucks more, the risk of running out of storage capacity wont even be anything to think about, let alone worry about. Personally, I like not having to think about my internal memory running out for the foreseeable future.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
#7TerotrousPosted 2/12/2013 2:03:20 PM
You will never use up more than 1 gig for save files. Ever. I have 130+ Wii games and I still have about 100 megs left, and it has only 512 megs.

And Wii U basic has 8 gigs, which should comfortably fit at least 1000 games.

The bigger issue might be free DLC and game updates. If developers are wasteful with patches (and they will be), those might be able to take up a lot of space. The latest update for PSAS on PSVita is close to 1 gig, and I only have a 4 gig card for it.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#8kissdadookiePosted 2/12/2013 2:22:55 PM
sejan12 posted...
I found several benefits to the Deluxe version.

The color is nice.

The extra space offers potential for the future.
-Extra space means more potential to level editors and more complex save files

Nintendo Land should not be over looked.
-The game is far better than any other MiniGame collection that Nintendo has released. This is the perfect game to play with others.

While cheap, the silly little pieces of plastic that come with the Deluxe are convenient
-I use the stand for the console and the charging dock extensively

The Deluxe Digital Promotion is good for any online purchase that you might make.
-I have no interest downloading games that are otherwise available at retail, but it will benefit me greatly with download-only releases as well as downloadable content

I have to say though, glossy black, not a great colour. Fingerprint magnet and you will get scratches on the thing no matter what. I honestly don't understand why they didn't use the same glossy plastic they use for the GamePad on the Wii U console itself because the GamePad is a lot harder to scratch than the very easy to scratch plastic of the Wii U console itself.
#9kissdadookiePosted 2/12/2013 2:25:30 PM
Terotrous posted...
You will never use up more than 1 gig for save files. Ever. I have 130+ Wii games and I still have about 100 megs left, and it has only 512 megs.

And Wii U basic has 8 gigs, which should comfortably fit at least 1000 games.

The bigger issue might be free DLC and game updates. If developers are wasteful with patches (and they will be), those might be able to take up a lot of space. The latest update for PSAS on PSVita is close to 1 gig, and I only have a 4 gig card for it.

What kind of games are you figuring would fit in less than 4 gigs of storage (you end up with less than 4 gigs if you have the 8 gig white Wii U because the OS takes up a little over 4 gigs by itself). Just virtual console games? Trine 2 alone is pretty darn big. Little Inferno was a pretty large download as well. Even Mighty Switch Force HD is relatively big. That measly 8 gig white Wii U has a nearly useless amount of storage to be perfectly honest.
#10PedroMontanaPosted 2/12/2013 2:28:47 PM
Just look at the additional stuff and ask yourself if it's worth 50$ for you:

- Nintendo Land (ok game, good demo for the Wii U's abilities, good local multi, cost 60$ new)
- console stand (can be useful depending on where you set up your console)
- controller stand (useless)
- controller charging cradle (useless, but this and the controller stand together are sold for 20$ new)

About the additional space:
Note that just because you don't want to PAY for download contend, the additional available space might still be useful.
There are free demos (that are usually about 1 GB large, so you'll get less then 5 of those on a Basic White and more then 20 on a Deluxe Black), some games have free additional DLC, some download games are "Free 2 Play" (so you get a free trial version that is supposed to motivate you to buy contend).
I also wouldn't be surprised if there will sooner or later games that support user generated contend.
---
No More Heroes