Deluxe version worth it if I won't be downloading anything.

#11diggyfreshPosted 2/12/2013 2:29:27 PM
I got the basic version. It's acceptable if you're not planning on downloading games.

I did buy a charger stand separate because you will want to keep the gamepad at peak charge. The battery only goes for a few hours.

And I regret not getting Nintendoland now. I hear it's actually a great game.

But overall the basic is worth it.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#12kissdadookiePosted 2/12/2013 2:33:34 PM
diggyfresh posted...
I got the basic version. It's acceptable if you're not planning on downloading games.

I did buy a charger stand separate because you will want to keep the gamepad at peak charge. The battery only goes for a few hours.

And I regret not getting Nintendoland now. I hear it's actually a great game.

But overall the basic is worth it.

I wouldn't feel too concerned about Nintendoland. It's good but it doesn't become really good until you are able to get some friends over to play the games together.
#13TerotrousPosted 2/12/2013 9:56:44 PM
As I said already you can easily buy Nintendoland for like $30. Just go to Ebay.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#14DiscostewSMPosted 2/12/2013 10:10:28 PM
Terotrous posted...
As I said already you can easily buy Nintendoland for like $30. Just go to Ebay.

I got mine for $22, unopened, but I'm sure it came from a Deluxe, so it had no Club Nintendo code (that is probably tied with the Deluxe console itself).
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#15cheechmoosterPosted 2/12/2013 11:02:35 PM
if you can wait for a price drop you should, it won't be long. but if your itching for a wii u get the deluxe, for me the charging cradle made it worth the extra cash, also that it was black. i mostly bought the wii u for wii games, if i didn't i would be kicking myself over the waste of money. nintendo land is a cocktail coaster at best, i hope you don't regret your purchase either way.
#16DiscostewSMPosted 2/12/2013 11:04:16 PM
cheechmooster posted...
if you can wait for a price drop you should, it won't be long.

You missed the memo.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#17iphysPosted 2/12/2013 11:25:00 PM
Nintendo Land is not really worth the $50 in my opinion, so I would only recommend the Deluxe if you plan to download games. Keep in mind, some games will be download-only, and it might become more common down the road if game developers lose faith that we will continue to buy $60 retail games instead of $10 downloadable ones. I already found on the Wii and the 3DS that I wound up playing the cheaper downloadable games more than the big retail games, so I hesitate to buy retail games anymore.
#18horror_spookyPosted 2/12/2013 11:41:17 PM
kissdadookie posted...
Terotrous posted...
You will never use up more than 1 gig for save files. Ever. I have 130+ Wii games and I still have about 100 megs left, and it has only 512 megs.

And Wii U basic has 8 gigs, which should comfortably fit at least 1000 games.

The bigger issue might be free DLC and game updates. If developers are wasteful with patches (and they will be), those might be able to take up a lot of space. The latest update for PSAS on PSVita is close to 1 gig, and I only have a 4 gig card for it.

What kind of games are you figuring would fit in less than 4 gigs of storage (you end up with less than 4 gigs if you have the 8 gig white Wii U because the OS takes up a little over 4 gigs by itself). Just virtual console games? Trine 2 alone is pretty darn big. Little Inferno was a pretty large download as well. Even Mighty Switch Force HD is relatively big. That measly 8 gig white Wii U has a nearly useless amount of storage to be perfectly honest.

TC isn't going to be downloading any games, bro. So that's all kind of irrelevant.
---
Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions.
www.cheatmasters.com