Industry has no faith in Wii U why should we?

#41GooBacksBack(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 10:32:42 AM
excitebike64 posted...
Experts are paid off my advertisements or investors.

Nintendo itself as a company that does not pay as much in ad revenue.

The current gen stuff will still sell well, but PS4 and Next Box are not going to be selling well for many years.

WIiU sells are great in a bad economy. Will only get better.

The fact that so many big titles are going to 360 and PS3 this year alone also shows that sells for the yet released consoles are already going to be poor. GTAV for example.

WiiU will have the most this gen for a good 2-3 years ahead of the competitions new consoles.

lol maybe 1
#42DemonDog666Posted 2/13/2013 10:52:44 AM
YamagishiD posted...
Please stop talking about the 3DS price cut. I know many people who were simply waiting for the games they want to be released before getting one, and that just happened to be after a price cut which made them twice as happy.

Why should I stop talking about the only reason 3DS sold and the main cause of vita's low sales when you people are pretending it has something to do with the games or quality of the consoles.
#43FireKatKidPosted 2/13/2013 10:52:44 AM
The "industry" is full of a lot of mad developers like EA, that Nintendo won't bow down to their horrible business models such as Origin. It's also full of stockholders that think that the "future of games" is the Facebook/smart phone model and are mad that Nintendo told them to, in so many words, "get over it, you don't even know games, you just invest money in them."

If anything, Nintendo should be getting a gold medal for working hard to keep the gaming industry on track and keeping to it's roots. Look what happened to Capcom when they thought they should turn their franchises into the "mainstream style."
#44TerotrousPosted 2/13/2013 10:55:46 AM
TannerCKG posted...
Because they said the same thing about Wii, DS, and 3DS. Also because it has games to play

Don't forget Vita and PS3.

It'll happen to PS4 and XBox 3, too.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#45excitebike64Posted 2/13/2013 11:48:22 AM
GooBacksBack posted...
excitebike64 posted...
Experts are paid off my advertisements or investors.

Nintendo itself as a company that does not pay as much in ad revenue.

The current gen stuff will still sell well, but PS4 and Next Box are not going to be selling well for many years.

WIiU sells are great in a bad economy. Will only get better.

The fact that so many big titles are going to 360 and PS3 this year alone also shows that sells for the yet released consoles are already going to be poor. GTAV for example.

WiiU will have the most this gen for a good 2-3 years ahead of the competitions new consoles.

lol maybe 1

At least two. No matter what happens. It will take a full year on the market for either Sony or MS to get people off the old systems and onto the new. I seriously see longer. But people aren't going to ditch the old as quickly as some experts want you to think.

The typical online user on a gaming site may switch very quickly. That is not the over all market.

If used games are blocked OR always online is required.... three to five years, seriously.
Even people online, just THIS year get a chance to play big games like FFXIV on a PS3. (Still coming out, right?) These gamers are not jumping ship right after buying a game that literally will take years of gaming for many people.

Granted, using one game as an example. A lot of big games seems to be announced this year for the current (older) platforms. People buy even two or three of these games, they may not afford a new system at least until NEXT year's tax returns, or what ever yearly cash grab event is for each region.
#46BoomerTheGreatPosted 2/13/2013 12:05:12 PM
Real gamers do not have to explain themselves to GFAQs users.
---
Greatness comes from within
#47TyrantLowKeyPosted 2/13/2013 12:06:14 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
It's like watching the news. How often do they report positive stuff over shootings, weather disasters, and politics? The world runs on negativity.

---
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Hearts Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT DS OC (3DS), ToGF, TotA, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)