Currently, what's the point of getting a Wii U over a PS3/360?

#21NewbiusPosted 2/12/2013 8:57:42 PM
RECON64bit posted...
Newbius posted...
nekrothing posted...
At this point in time, why should someone purchase a Wii U over the other current consoles?

Because the PS3 and 360 are eventually going to die off while the Wii U will continue on along with the PS4 and 720?

Or will the Wii U die along with them, just like when the Wii stopped getting PS2 ports from third party? I suppose the question is will Nintendo first party and the occasional worthwhile third party game be enough?

If the Wii U does not get multiplats like other consoles, the first party and third party exclusives will sell the system. I has always been like that since the N64 era. The Wii U may be struggling right now because the system is brand new, but later on the system will do just fine.
#22sjc1279Posted 2/12/2013 9:14:01 PM
You can use gamepad instead of TV when you want to play on your bed. Monster Hunter HD? That's all for me.
#23AllConsoleLoverPosted 2/12/2013 9:15:16 PM
sjc1279 posted...
You can use gamepad instead of TV when you want to play on your bed. Monster Hunter HD? That's all for me.

There's a 3ds version of the same game
---
I'm a fan of every console
#24RiaanYsterPosted 2/12/2013 11:20:31 PM
realstar posted...
A major point is offscreen play on the gamepad. I don't even bother turning on the TV anymore and can roam about the house and play anywhere. This is an Incredibly useful and amazing feature.

WiiU also has a far superior web browser to any console to date. Rarely do you even need to turn on your computer anymore to access websites.

MiiVerse is a great feature. Then you have the virtual console service that remains a Nintendo selling point made even better by the gamepad. Also there is the promise of many new and exclusive Nintendo and third party game titles that won't appear on seven year old consoles that will be replaced at years end.

I think you would be nuts to choose an old dog console like PS3 or 360 instead of getting onboard with the new generation for about the same amount of money. WiiU is easily a better console and time will show this to be true.

Gotta say the extra screen is great IMO.

From playing BLOPS zombie mode co-op on 2 screens, to having your other half play games on it while you watch sport to having games like ZombiU create tension by assimilating it into the game. The assymetric gameplay possibilities, shown in Nintendoland is also great fun. In fact, Nintendoland is some of the most fun you can have playing together locally due in most part to having the gamepad.

It really does have loads of potential. Currently, since it is so new, the games don't incorporate it too much (except for ZombiU) but I reckon as time goes on you'll see it become a big part of games.
#25blazeUP12Posted 2/13/2013 12:44:35 AM
No point right now
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
#26Prototype82Posted 2/13/2013 3:17:09 AM
No point at all. You would be taking a step back from the PS3/360.
#27SoeroahPosted 2/13/2013 4:18:16 AM
You'd piss off people who don't like Nintendo.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#28Legendary_MusasPosted 2/13/2013 4:32:58 AM
If you haven't got a 360/PS3 yet then don't bother, if you want a Wii U then wait for the triple A 1st party games (basically buy one next year).
---
A__A
(o'_.'o)
#29Oni_TaedoPosted 2/13/2013 4:46:19 AM
The Wii U has at least two exclusives worth getting.

The 360 has an exclusive or two that doesn't suck/isn't a generic peabrained shooter.

The PS3 has... no, even most of the Ratchet and Clank games on the PS3 suck ass...
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#30KAMMYqueenPosted 2/13/2013 5:19:27 AM
nekrothing posted...
At this point in time, why should someone purchase a Wii U over the other current consoles?

same reason to buy a nes,snes,n64,gc,and wii. for NIntendo 1st party games
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U