I think it would be better for gamers if Nintendo stopped making consoles

#61hansolo1138Posted 2/13/2013 12:33:39 PM
Dynheart posted...
Going third party = having to throw up the white flag.

You know why Sega struggles to make a proper game? It's because they cannot afford it! Resources are important in this industry. You cannot just whip up masterpiece after masterpiece without money. Sega found out the hard way.

Hoping Nintendo goes the way of the Sega is dooming them to the same fate. People think "Oh, all their games will on all the other systems?! That's great!" No. Mario will turn into what Sonic is today. So will Metroid. And Kirby; and SSBs. You get the point. No resources. Cannot afford big teams. That spells crappy games.

Next thing you know, they will be dropping IP's/teams because they cannot afford to keep them afloat.

Besides. Nintendo has stated several times, and I mean SEVERAL times, that if they had to leave the industry (weather it's being forced out, or simply just leaving), they will close up shop. AKA...Nintendo will cease to exist. The end of an era. That includes their IP's.

So people wishing them out of the console race, and they love their IP's? Better have second thoughts. If they leave, so do their IP's; and their legacy.

QFT
---
Who's the more foolish: The fool, or the fool who follows him?-Obi Wan Kenobi
#62Lelouch71Posted 2/13/2013 2:36:48 PM
Oh look it's one of these threads again. The answer will always remain the same. Hell no
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#63cavebear56Posted 2/13/2013 2:41:30 PM
RECON64bit posted...
Think about it, if Nintendo abandons the console market, they will become a major third party developer, with many subdivisions and video game developers under them. They will be forced to make multiplat games since exclusives are no longer the real money-makers.

Multiplats are the future, so three consoles is extremely redundant unless they are doing something radically different and let's face it the Wii U is not doing anything revolutionary. The real innovation video game consoles need to make is virtual reality. Microsoft and or Sony will be the ones to take this step.

The real reason people get Nintendo consoles is for the 1st/2nd party games. We all know Nintendo excels in this category. I fear console development take away precious manpower that could be used to improve the development of their titles and creating new ones.

Whatever console you purchase you'd still have access to the plethora of Nintendo games. It will be at this time when Nintendo, like Sega will wonder why they ever bothered making consoles in the first place. They could still develop video game handhelds since they utterly dominate this market, but at least the pressure would be alleviated from long and grueling venture of home console development.

In the end we all win.

I agree TC Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft should stop making consoles and just make software for the superior platform, the PC.

It's logical and really the only reason people purchase any console specifically is for the exclusives.

Tablets and phones tend to be much better multimedia devices as well.

So kudos to the TC for pointing out that Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft are best off just developing for the best platform. It helps them as well as the consumer.

/sarcasm for the completely daft that populate this board
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#64link5003Posted 2/13/2013 2:47:34 PM
RECON64bit posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
No, it absolutely wouldn't and would not happen that way.

If Sega went this route why not Nintendo? Tell me you don't enjoy the added benefit of Sega titles to your home console and PC?

I will also add that if Nintendo was third party we'd see Banjo Kazooie in Smash bros and rightfully so!

TC is showing his age, he doesn't remember that plenty of Sega games were on PC as well.
---
3DS Friend Code: 1461 - 6679 - 3387
Please PM me with your Friend Code if this is not a FC thread and I'll do my best to add you.
#65jsb0714Posted 2/13/2013 3:23:35 PM
RECON64bit posted...
apocalyptic_4 posted...
you have no concept of how companies are run.

All I know is we'd get more games.

GAMES FOR THE GAME THRONE!!!!!!!!1

There is no possible way you could know that for sure. What 3rd party that had previously dropped out of the hardware market is actually doing that well?
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this
#66anon_firePosted 2/14/2013 12:33:57 PM
jsb0714 posted...
RECON64bit posted...
apocalyptic_4 posted...
you have no concept of how companies are run.

All I know is we'd get more games.

GAMES FOR THE GAME THRONE!!!!!!!!1

There is no possible way you could know that for sure. What 3rd party that had previously dropped out of the hardware market is actually doing that well?

I'd say none, Sonic '06 anyone?