How will Sony's Feb 20th announcement affect Nintendo?

#31darkqueenhelbaPosted 2/14/2013 12:49:36 PM
What's the announcement?
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#32icarus231Posted 2/14/2013 12:59:58 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
icarus231 posted...
Seri-_-ously posted...

I won't call you an idiot, but I will tell you that if you knew anything at all about Sony's profits, then you'd know that their PlayStation line makes them the most money of all.

Last i read sony lost 5 bil on the ps3

What I heard was that they haven't even recovered profits from the PS2 because of the PS3.

I thought they lost all their PS2 profits early on with it. Either way it is funny how people think their gaming division is the profitable division in their company.
#33darkstar4221Posted 2/14/2013 1:44:44 PM(edited)
Well the Wii U is cheaper and doesn't block used games, that's what it has going for it. Also hackers are cracking the system, which means a mod-chip for the Wii U will be released soon just like for the Wii. A console that allows more user-freedom always sells and consumers like that.

I don't understand the hype about Feb 20. Sony will probably reveal the 4G Vita, which no one will buy because consumers are very vulnerable to high prices in this economy. If Sony is stupid enough to believe that consumers will spend $300 on a hanheld, well their stock will fall even more. The PS4 will probably block used games, and it will be $400, a waste of money.

Sony will probably introduce some HDMI port to the Vita, which is pointless because they are not addressing the problems with the Vita.
#34abbyhitterPosted 2/14/2013 1:48:38 PM
orcus_snake posted...
Inminent price cut?

YOU DECIDE!

If it's a price cut, I definitely get a Wii U. I'm already getting one. I'm just waiting for the right time.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#35MelkacPosted 2/14/2013 4:39:41 PM
"The PS4 will be even more powerful than a PC"
"WOOOOOOOOOH OMGDGJSGSDOSDJFSDFSDF BEST CONSOLE ANNOUNCEMENT EVER!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!eleven!!!"

*9 months later*

IGN: PS4 sells 200,000 copies in its first week
IGN: PS4's struggle to get good games, will they ever come?
IGN: Why Sony's announcement of the PS4 was a complete failure

Mark my words :)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#36YamiYugi4400Posted 2/14/2013 4:43:48 PM
Melkac posted...
"WOOOOOOOOOH OMGDGJSGSDOSDJFSDFSDF BEST CONSOLE ANNOUNCEMENT EVER!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!eleven!!!"

*9 months later*

I doubt they're gonna pull a Wii U
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#37icarus231Posted 2/14/2013 5:10:47 PM
YamiYugi4400 posted...
Melkac posted...

*9 months later*

I doubt they're gonna pull a Wii U

your right the ps4 will lose money
#38MichaeIPachterPosted 2/14/2013 5:13:31 PM
I think all the remaining fanboys will see the light when the PS4 is announced and Nintendo will be driven into bankruptcy.
---
It's a profit deal.
#39MewtwoExPosted 2/19/2013 1:37:50 AM
MichaeIPachter posted...
I think all the remaining fanboys will see the light when the PS4 is announced and Sony will be driven into bankruptcy.

Fix“d
---
http://dunzi.wippiespace.com/pics/trollin-hatin.jpg
#40AmakusaPosted 2/19/2013 2:13:51 AM
I'm actually expecting a new meme to be borne along the lines of the Giant Enemy Crab.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.