C/D-Nintendo's more "niche," franchises are better then the main ones lately.

#1WesfanboyneverPosted 2/12/2013 9:40:47 PM
Stuff like Fire Emblem Awakening, Kid Icarus Uprising, the upcoming Pikmin 3, etc.

Compared to 2D Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc
---
What's to say really?
#2ADHDguitarPosted 2/12/2013 9:42:15 PM
Deny.

It's too close to make such generalizations. They're all good.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#3PsyrenCallPosted 2/12/2013 9:45:19 PM
So, your proof is one quality game, an unreleased game and a game with crippling control issues?
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#4spicyitalian739Posted 2/12/2013 9:46:36 PM
PsyrenCall posted...
So, your proof is one quality game, an unreleased game and a game with crippling control issues?

KI:U has crippling control issues? Sounds like you're the one that's crippled, because I played it fine all the way through like 5 times and 100+ hours of multiplayer.
---
PSN and Nintendo Network: FlyingWasabi
Xbox Live: Flying Wasabi
#5Wiiplayer111Posted 2/12/2013 9:47:09 PM
Those three games were heavily developed by huge teams and are widely advertised. I wouldn't exactly call it niche.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#6PsyrenCallPosted 2/12/2013 9:49:44 PM
spicyitalian739 posted...
PsyrenCall posted...

KI:U has crippling control issues? Sounds like you're the one that's crippled, because I played it fine all the way through like 5 times and 100+ hours of multiplayer.

It comes with a stand, the controls are so crippled that it required a peripheral. I'm sorry you misunderstood my meaning, i shouldn't have assumed others would have caught it.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#7spicyitalian739Posted 2/12/2013 9:53:24 PM
PsyrenCall posted...
PsyrenCall posted...

It comes with a stand, the controls are so crippled that it required a peripheral. I'm sorry you misunderstood my meaning, i shouldn't have assumed others would have caught it.

It's definitely not required. Only for people that hold their 3DS so hard they might break it in half. If you relax a bit, it's pretty comfortable. In fact, I had to persevere through WAY more hand pain playing through Superstar Road in NSMBU. My left thumb is still raw from that Pendulum Castle level, and I finished it Friday night.
---
PSN and Nintendo Network: FlyingWasabi
Xbox Live: Flying Wasabi
#8Wesfanboynever(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 9:57:46 PM
PsyrenCall posted...

I know Uprising has awkward controls.... that's why I use the custom controls feature to remap them. Everything else in the game is full of charm and humor that most Nintendo games don't normally have. Not to mention the ridiculous amount of content.

I admit Pikmin isn't out and putting that along with the other two was a hasty choice. But I do feel it's a game they're putting a lot of effort into with the amount of time spent on it.

The same developer of the newest Fire Emblem also made Sticker Star which many consider to be the weakest of the PM series while Awakening is considered to be one of the games of it's series due to no restrictions being placed upon it by older higher up developers unlike Sticker Star.

....I do feel that people should give their lesser known series a shot over just the usual stuff as everyone is always fixated one them more.
---
What's to say really?
#9AkaneJonesPosted 2/13/2013 3:51:26 AM
It's definitely not required. Only for people that hold their 3DS so hard they might break it in half. If you relax a bit, it's pretty comfortable. In fact, I had to persevere through WAY more hand pain playing through Superstar Road in NSMBU. My left thumb is still raw from that Pendulum Castle level, and I finished it Friday night.

I wasn't that hard or anything in the terms of hand pain. Kid Icarus Uprising gets a bit uncomfortable on your stylus hand after you say finish chapter 9 2/3 times in a row. That a good 2 hours of play. Basically the game isn't conducive to extended play. NSMBU doesn't have the same effect.

Now if we were to talk about things that kills peoples hands we would be discussing the final Canary Mary race in Banjo Tooie. Yes I beat it, only years latter did I hear she supposedly has ruber band physics. Apparently you weren't supposed to beat her by tapping as fast as possible. Who knew, yes I did it the hard way, evil, evil as that was. And I still LOL at those Mario Party players, what were they doing playing that mini game so much in the first place.
#10mashuPosted 2/13/2013 4:08:34 AM
Deny. Too subjective and depends on personal preferences from one gamer to the next.