Convince me.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Convince me.
2 years ago#1
So, tax return coming in the not so distant future. I'm on the fence about getting a Wii. It's either a new PC, a the Zombie U bundle, or laser eye surgery. Try and talk me into a Wii U.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
2 years ago#2
Make 3 lists with the positive things/games you are interested in, pick the list that look the best.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
2 years ago#3
If you're not actually going to contribute advice the do us all a favor and click topic list. I'm looking for advice, not a half assed run at being a smart ass.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
(edited 0 seconds ago)
2 years ago#4
The best advice you will ever get is to decide for yourself.
Only you can decide if it's better to get a new PC, a Wii U or fixing your eyes.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
2 years ago#5
As much as I'd like to see you ripping Zombie U to shreds I'd say PC and get a Wii U when there's a price cut and maybe better games.

---
http://i.imgur.com/8xfHF.jpg
2 years ago#6
Of those three I would take the eye surgery. Not needing glasses again is so much better as it is something you will use and enjoy all day. After that I would say the PC (unless you already have a good/decent one and then... why?) and last the Wii-U. I have mine and I like it but there aren't a lot of games for it right now (like anything at launch) so waiting for more might be a good idea.
---
Sure sign you are a nerd: The beginning of AC/DCs "Thunderstruck" always makes you think of Lion-O swinging his sword around.
2 years ago#7
New PC:
+better PC (maybe)
+productivity (maybe)
-all the things that comes with getting a new PC
-expenses to upgrade down the road

Eye Surgery
++good eyesight without glasses
-chances are you will need glasses again a few years later
-risk of permanent damage to eyes

Wii U

+new system to play exclusives on
+fun (maybe)
-comparing a console to eye surgery

As someone who had eye surgery before, I'm now back to wearing contacts. Mind you really weak contacts, but I still need them.
2 years ago#8
Hmm, doesn't laser eye surgery cost in the thousands? Technically, you could get both a ZombiU bundle and a new PC for the price it costs for the surgery, but then that's less money towards that surgery should you still go for that later on.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
2 years ago#9
Iokua upgrade your PC bro while i'm enjoying the crap out of my Wii U i especially enjoyed zombiU i would wait till after the holidays to get one.
---
Currently Playing: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC)
NNI: Gaiaknight
2 years ago#10
Laser eye surgery costs roughly $500 per eye, so I'm more or less looking at either $500 on the Wii U ive I've preordered Wind Waker HD, a grand on a very powerful pc so I don't need a next gen console, and a grand on fixing my vision. Really bad at making decisions involving money, hence the request for advice. So please, Foppe, go away and bother someone who gives a **** about your noncommittal, meaningless responses.
---
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Convince me.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived