Convince me.

#191spectermaster14Posted 2/24/2013 8:17:52 PM
I have played Haunting Ground for like 6 hrs now, game's plot is kinda dry and enemies hardly make any sense.

Sad to hear that because I've always heard it's a better Clock Tower than Clock Tower 3. Clock Tower 3 sucked hard.
#192PsyrenCall(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 8:28:58 PM
It's not a game that really needs an in depth plot, you're being chased by psychos, that's pretty much it.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#193spectermaster14Posted 2/24/2013 8:38:51 PM
Yeah, but I liked the first Clock Tower's plot a lot. I heard the PS1 games kind of sucked storywise, but the first one's awesome.
#194PsyrenCall(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 8:47:17 PM
Haunting Grounds is somewhat of a parody, it really doesn't need a deep plot.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#195spectermaster14Posted 2/24/2013 8:47:42 PM
Oh really? Well that makes it sound a bit more interesting.
#196spectermaster14Posted 2/25/2013 2:27:19 AM
So apparently the Silent Hill fanbase has managed to willingly ignore a bunch of neat details yet again. Playing through Downpour again right now and there's some really neat stuff I missed and no one's discussing.

Won't say who in case someone's interested in the spoiler AND hasn't played the game, but someone gets beaten and ends up on a respirator the rest of their life. I just noticed a ton of posters mentioning CPR and lung damage awareness. There's a monster called a Weeping Bat that's named after a fictional bat species that lives in the caves in Silent Hill. There's a sign about them that mentions they're extremely violent when their offspring are threatened. Huge nod to Murphy's situation with his kid and what he did to get revenge. Coincidentally, the cave they live in houses the largest stalagmite on the continent and the Chinese miners who discovered it named it Diyu's Tusk, Diyu apparently being an underworld prison, referencing Murphy's stay in prison.
#197orcus_snakePosted 2/25/2013 7:03:37 AM
I actually like the gameplay of it, like how the encounters are seemengly random except for sme instances where you can actually tirgger them yourself or the ones that are forced, but the videos are just really dul that is all :P
---
"Warwick are you jungling"
"No I'm standing by the wolves because I miss my family"
#198orcus_snakePosted 2/25/2013 11:43:14 AM
Guys mind listing horror PS2 games?

I played all the mainstream ones like silent hills, REs, then I played Rule of Rose and currently going trough Haunting Grounds.

Id play Siren but I already played the remake so...meh.
---
"Warwick are you jungling"
"No I'm standing by the wolves because I miss my family"
#199spectermaster14Posted 2/25/2013 11:44:43 AM
Siren sucks, too, so there's also that. Echo Night: Beyond is really good. That's about all that I own as far as less mainstream stuff.
#200PsyrenCall(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 1:10:14 PM
I don't recall the PS2 having much in the way of survival horror.
---