If all these rumors about the 720 turn out true...

#1iKhanicPosted 2/13/2013 12:23:31 AM
As in.

-Doesn't play used games
-Mandatory Kinect
-Mandatory Online

We can bet Microsoft won't be around for too long, and I'd bet the Wii U would pick up a big chunk of those sales
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2NekoSushiRiotPosted 2/13/2013 12:25:56 AM
It always felt like the 360 needed the internet constantly to breath. The 720 will probably need it even more so.

-No internet connection! Join Live?
-Can't play this game, log into Live.
-An update is needed, you may not continue.
#3PerfectAkumaPosted 2/13/2013 12:29:18 AM
Like I keep saying to people, this will destroy this industry, and expect "journalists" to drink the Anti-Consumer Spiked Kool-Aid, forcing people to buy into this mess just to get "AAA" Titles.
---
My Streetpass ID http://passid.ca/ss929 StreetpassNYC Group http://facebook.com/streetpassnyc
#4scoobydoobydontPosted 2/13/2013 12:34:12 AM
I'm okay with all of those things. I'm not sure why you think most customers will care. Internet outrage doesn't reflect the real world.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#5iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 12:41:43 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
I'm okay with all of those things. I'm not sure why you think most customers will care. Internet outrage doesn't reflect the real world.

-Used games- This means you have to pay 50-60 dollars for every game you buy. You must also buy it while it is being printed, or pay an exorbiant amount of money on amazon for a second hand brand new copy of the game. This also screws the rental business
-Mandatory Online- What do you do when your Internet's not working? What if a company goes under and their server is no longer up? What if you just have slow internest
-Mandatory Kinect- The Kinect is a buggy piece of crap.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#6TheBonfiniPosted 2/13/2013 12:45:08 AM

And it's corporate whores like you that don't have a problem with it just because M$ does it.

It sucks for consumers and shouldn't be necessary. I won't even get into the used games argument because there is just no way even Microsoft is dumb enough to block used games on their systems.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#7GimeaPosted 2/13/2013 12:45:36 AM
iKhanic posted...

-Used games- This means you have to pay 50-60 dollars for every game you buy. You must also buy it while it is being printed, or pay an exorbiant amount of money on amazon for a second hand brand new copy of the game. This also screws the rental business
-Mandatory Online- What do you do when your Internet's not working? What if a company goes under and their server is no longer up? What if you just have slow internest

ITT: waaaah waaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
---
The new Minecraft
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFKlNskaRPU
#8laxnd23Posted 2/13/2013 12:49:09 AM
iKhanic posted...

Or you do digital downloads. Which no one seems to complain about on PC.
Mandatory Online is fine. Internet goes out? Go do something else instead of playing a video game.
Mandatory Kinect could also be fine. Because maybe they worked out the bugs.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#9xoftheuniversePosted 2/13/2013 12:51:14 AM

People on a budget will care about the used games restrictions. I know I personally would never buy a system that does that. Money and budgeting IS the real world. As for the internet, well chances are if you are a gamer even interested in a new Xbox console you already have it. Provided that they work it right it would be fine (as in it doesn't drop people mid game and crash that sort of thing) I will say this I saw the link below that suggests it will have two cpus so it makes sense. I question the price.
http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a449839/microsoft-unveils-ground-breaking-illumiroom-gaming-video-at-ces-2013.html
---
Sex is good, 3DS is better.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse
#10iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 12:54:36 AM
laxnd23 posted...
iKhanic posted...

Or you do digital downloads. Which no one seems to complain about on PC.

When the console industry goes to all digital downloads, we will see rampant piracy as we do in the PC.

Look, I haven't bought a new game since 2011. The fact is that new games are just too expensive, and buying a new game has literally no benefit over a used one.
---