I think there is a pricedrop coming soon

#1GimeaPosted 2/13/2013 2:11:03 AM(edited)
After the initial hype, it seems sales reception is luke warm at best. People are looking for value, and when they can get the same kind of hardware for $200 instead of $350 (with less games), then the choice of consumers is easily made.

Couple that with the upcoming Playstation 4 announcement, and more people will realize what you will be able to get for about the same amount of money. IMO the Wii U just needs a price drop to remain competitive in the current gen market.

---
The new Minecraft
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFKlNskaRPU
#2DiscostewSMPosted 2/13/2013 2:11:57 AM
IMO, common gamers don't know business.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#3iKhanicPosted 2/13/2013 2:15:01 AM
If we get a price drop, which I highly doubt. It will be this summer at the earliest and probably be around $25. Nintendo is already selling the console at a loss, so they really don't have the ability to cut it by $50
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#4darkjedilinkPosted 2/13/2013 7:01:47 AM
Gimea posted...
Couple that with the upcoming Playstation 4 announcement,

Considering the current price of the PS3 pretty much guarantees that the PS4 will be over $450, the PS4's announcement is no reason for a price cut.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#5Virus66Posted 2/13/2013 7:04:11 AM
Nintendo is already selling Wii U at a loss, it wouldn't be a very wise decision to drop the price even further. Even industry experts are saying that Nintendo won't drop their price, mostly because there is no need. Wii U just needs games for it to sell.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#6DarkAdonis123Posted 2/13/2013 7:05:04 AM
I highly doubt Sony or Microsoft's new system will be over $450. $400 at most.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#7kidr0ckerPosted 2/13/2013 8:39:41 AM
Ps3 was between 500 & 600 when it came out.. You always pay top dollar for higher end technology.. So I'd honestly expect to see ps4 & 720 in the 500-600 range.. Maybe 450 at the low end..
#8fon1988Posted 2/13/2013 8:42:25 AM
DiscostewSM posted...
IMO, common gamers don't know business.

This is completely true.

Look at this board, Youtube comments, video game site comments, etc and you can see just how much the average gamer has NO clue about business.
#9YoyokuKOPosted 2/13/2013 8:45:18 AM
Nintendo plans:

Cancel/Postpones Yoshi game to focus on Zelda Wii U
Release 3DS redesign, slimmer, better battery, and Miiverse ready.
Original 3DS Update later for Miiverse
Retro Studio game for Fall 13
Money
#10trenkenPosted 2/13/2013 8:45:58 AM
A price drop could happen. This year is looking pretty horrid for games so how else do you spark sales? It doesnt have to be crazy drastic like the 3DS, but a $50 drop will go a long way to helping more people buy a system that doesnt have many games.

I really dont think this thing will be rolling with good games coming out until 2014. This year is pretty mostly just Pikmin and Monster Hunter, neither of which are all that popular in the US, and a Zelda remake, which will of course sell but the fact is its still a remake of something many people already played. Wonderful 101 looks like the kind of game that would do really well in Japan, not in the US. It looks like the type of game youd see on the DS, plus its a new IP. New IPs dont sell $300 systems to the average gamer.

I really dont see that 1 big time system seller this year, unless there is something at the end of the year that hasnt been announced yet.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero