EA: "Next-gen consoles will most likely not be backwards compatible"

#11cavebear56Posted 2/13/2013 10:55:09 AM
squatch22 posted...
Does he really need to reassure them? Are the investors that stupid that they think new consoles start with an install base of 50 million and that old console games will suddenly stop selling? Are they new to gaming at all?

Yes they do and they are.

And even if they weren't it is a way of covering your rear because you can always go back and say "I pointed it out, highlighted and told you about this back then...".

Investors are like any other person who may have no or limited knowledge on the subject. They have to be fed, even if it comes off as common sense, these kind of things.

Sure, a percentage may be smarter than that but to cover your bases you might as well do it.

Otherwise you end up being inept like Ubisoft with the whole Rayman fiasco.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#12JackalPosted 2/13/2013 11:21:57 AM
I never sell my old consoles back anyway. But my concern has been, even before the Wii U was announced, that all of our digital content may not be so easy to use if at all on the next gen consoles. I know that some people have had a few problems with teh Wii/Wii U transfer but I'm guessing that things aren't too bad. I still want to see how Sony and MS handle it since the have a lot more digital content to deal with including full digital movies and games. That why most of the digital games that I do have were "free" from PS+.

I think all of the digital services like Netflix, Crunchy Roll, etc will be fine.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz