Anybody else's Wii U freeze sometimes?

#1dolablaPosted 2/13/2013 4:44:45 AM
I've had my Wii U since launch day and experienced my first freeze up 2 days ago while trying to pull up TVii.

Now I've just experienced my second freeze up a few minutes ago while trying to startup NSMBU. I mean it's hard lock ups too. I've had to to pull the plug from the back on both occasions because it wouldn't cut off holding down the power button.

So, I'm just wondering if any of you are having these problems too? I remember before this update recently, there were lots of people that had lock ups. I never once experienced a lock up before this recent update. Just only now after this recent update.

I haven't' been gaming on it much, so it's not like I've spent countless hours on it. I've gotten maybe 2-3 hours of gameplay this week.
#2ElectricKaibutuPosted 2/13/2013 4:59:16 AM
I've never had one but from threads I've seen it's fairly common. Do you have an external hard drive? Is it powered by USB or from the wall? Sometimes USB powered ones can cause lockups.
#3fon1988Posted 2/13/2013 6:47:45 AM
I have experienced tons of freezes while playing Assassin's Creed 3, and more recently, while playing Sonic Racing Transformed.

Those games are known to freeze on all systems though so I'm not sure if it's the Wii U itself, or my games.

There is supposed to be a big update in Spring and another in Summer. If these updates don't fix the freezing, I would contact Nintendo for a repair if I were you. I may do the same thing.
#4Virus66Posted 2/13/2013 6:50:00 AM
I get a few freezes here and there from trying to access Miiverse or if Skylanders Giants is playing. If I'm offline, the system will never freeze though.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#5ish0turfac3Posted 2/13/2013 6:52:43 AM
Only when using the browser
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3
\\//ulcan4life
#6andrea987Posted 2/13/2013 6:55:30 AM
I had lots of freezes in the first 2-3 weeks, then for the last couple of months none. I think they must have fixed the Miiverse options that were causing it.
---
Now playing: Dragon's Dogma, Batman AC, Fifa 13, Sonic Racing.
Just finished: Trine 2 DC.
#7dolabla(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 3:50:28 PM
Thanks for the responses. And nah, I don't have a hard drive hooked up to it.

fon1988 posted...
I have experienced tons of freezes while playing Assassin's Creed 3, and more recently, while playing Sonic Racing Transformed.

Those games are known to freeze on all systems though so I'm not sure if it's the Wii U itself, or my games.

There is supposed to be a big update in Spring and another in Summer. If these updates don't fix the freezing, I would contact Nintendo for a repair if I were you. I may do the same thing.

Yeah, this is what I think I'm gonna wait on is the big update before sending it in. It's weird because when just about everybody was experiencing some lock ups before this past update, I didn't have any. I really hope it's just a software problem and not hardware.
#8iKhanicPosted 2/13/2013 3:53:04 PM
I keep telling people this. When your Wii U freezes, just put it out in the sun and it will thaw right out.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#9Great_Pudding_3Posted 2/13/2013 3:54:44 PM
fon1988 posted...

My Wii U froze browsing system settings. So if there's a common problem, it's not the games.
---
PSN: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#10dolabla(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 3:57:30 PM
Do you guys that experience the lock ups have to unplug your console from the back?