Didn't New Super Mario Bros Wii sell more than 25 million copies?

#11DarkAdonis123Posted 2/13/2013 5:29:40 AM
Nintendo has shipped 3 million Wii U's. Why would they have sold more than 25 million copies of NSMBU again?
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#12GLDanzegoPosted 2/13/2013 5:40:39 AM
PhaseBlack posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
Quit trolling. NSMB games aren't system sellers. They're must-haves that a very large chunk of system owners will pick up at some point. And yes, this does mean that when the Wii U reaches 30 million sales, that there will be 10 million NSMBU owners at the very least. Although I personally think it would be closer to 15-20 million. Even right now more than half of the Wii U owners own the game.

This isn't about how many copies it'll scrape up along the way, this is about a sequel to a 25 million+ seller failing to reel in more Wii U console sales. Nintendo even cut their sales forecast and this was the game that they chose to be the premier title for the Wii U. Are you telling me they put the weight of the Wii U launch on it because they know it doesnt move consoles? Quit fanboying

You don't seem to understand Nintendo's business model. They're not EA, they're not Ubisoft, they're not Activision, nor are they one of many other publishers that look at the bulk of their business as a two month sales cycle.

The problem isn't fanboys; the problem is you aren't aware of how Nintendo works.

---
#13ShadowSkill11Posted 2/13/2013 5:43:08 AM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
Nintendo has shipped 3 million Wii U's. Why would they have sold more than 25 million copies of NSMBU again?

This
#14Darkside_ShadowPosted 2/13/2013 6:42:25 AM
No one can tell if New Super Mario Brothers U is a new game or remake.
Just like no one can tell if the Wii U is a new console or an add-on.
Horrible marketing.

By saying no one I mean basic consumers who don't spend time reading about games.