The 8th generation is what will kill Nintendo. They will go 3rd party once more.

#21SychinLegacyPosted 2/13/2013 11:46:12 AM
berenlazarus posted...
My favorite part of Nintendo owning the Mariners since 1992 is that Hiroshi Yamauchi (Nintendo President from 1949-2002) has NEVER BEEN to a single game. Instead Howard Lincoln manages the baseball affairs of Yamauchi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroshi_Yamauchi

"Baseball
In the early 1990s, the Seattle Mariners were up for sale and Washington state's senator Slade Gorton asked Nintendo America to find a Japanese investor who would keep the club in Seattle. Yamauchi offered to buy it even though he had never been to a baseball game. Even though the owner accepted the offer, the baseball commissioner and ownership committee was strongly opposed to the idea of a non-North American owner and did not approve the deal. However, following the strong support and sentiments of the people of Seattle and press and having the decision be deemed as racist, the commissioner formally approved the deal, under the condition that Yamauchi had less than 50% votes. This was a major development in American baseball because this opened the gates for Japanese baseball players to American league teams, entry in which had been denied so far as the Japanese players were not deemed physically fit for the toughness of the sport in North America.[citation needed] In 2000, the club made its first profit of $2.6 million since its acquisition by Yamauchi.[4][11]
Since purchasing the Seattle Mariners, Yamauchi has never been to a Seattle Mariners baseball game. "

I for sure would never want to attend a Mariners game...
#22-NotoriousLynxPosted 2/13/2013 12:51:27 PM
Virus66 posted...
noutBr posted...
Virus66 posted...
KAMMYqueen posted...
once more?

I was confused by this...

There is a cure for that, it's called reading.

I get the sarcasm, it's just that Nintendo has never been a 3rd party studio, so saying they will be one 'once more' makes no sense.

Jesus christ. Are you 12?
#23Lelouch71Posted 2/13/2013 3:39:08 PM
Don't worry the 3DS will flop and the Vita will dominate...oh wait
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#24allchiefedupPosted 2/13/2013 5:04:03 PM
DarthFloaty posted...
allchiefedup posted...
I don't think TC knows what 3rd party means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_developer

I don't think you read the OP.

Whoops. You're right. My reading too quickly has made me look foolish once again.
#25mjc0961Posted 2/13/2013 5:25:37 PM
KAMMYqueen posted...
once more?

---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#26iKhanicPosted 2/13/2013 5:28:15 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
Same thing happened in the 5th, 6th and 7th generations. Nintendo will be going 3rd party for the 4th time in a row now!

...obvious sarcasm aside, I really don't get why people seem to be so blind. Nintendo will be fine, even if they only end up selling 20-40 million Wii U's in total.

Better be careful, people are going to read the topic only and think you are a troll
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#27ElGadoPosted 2/13/2013 5:29:18 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
Same thing happened in the 5th, 6th and 7th generations. Nintendo will be going 3rd party for the 4th time in a row now!

...obvious sarcasm aside, I really don't get why people seem to be so blind. Nintendo will be fine, even if they only end up selling 20-40 million Wii U's in total.

Except they just posted their first loss in 20 years. That wasn't the case with GC, Wii, N64, etc etc.