Should I get a Wii U or...

#1MishimaBloodPosted 2/13/2013 6:49:58 AM
wait for a possible ps4 announcement? I assume that if ps4 gets announced on the 20th it ll be out in 2014( late maybe) and I dont really have enough money to buy consoles every year.
The Wii never got my attention tbh, but this one did. It seems to me that the WiiU has got potential and that controller/screen thing can actually be very helpful. The games coming out are also great ( Bayonetta 2, FEXSmt, MH3U).
What do you think?
---
Not removing this until I see DMC5 announced
#2fon1988Posted 2/13/2013 6:53:27 AM
Personally, Sony has disappointed me since the PS3 so I skipped out on them this generation and have no plans to return to them unless PS4 really looks incredible and delivers on whatever promises they make.

So I would say wait for the announcement and then make your decision. I don't think you will go wrong by choosing Wii U though since there are multiple awesome games coming out for it by the end of the year.
#3PigfartsPosted 2/13/2013 6:53:50 AM
If you have the money go for it if you can think of at least 5 games that really excite you. Like you my Wii saw little play time and the only saving grace was homebrew. Im sceptical about going a U b/c of that. Il see how good monster hunter is before I take the dive.

Other then that keep in mind they are losing a lot of 3rd party support so if you like Nintendo made games its a good buy, if you don't you might want to wait for PS4 xbox to make some annoucments.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#4Virus66Posted 2/13/2013 6:54:28 AM
That depends on your tastes. Obviously the Wii U has some games that caught your eye and that's a good hint. But to be absolutely sure, I would wait to see what games are coming out for the PS4/Orbis and see which lineup you like more. I usually follow the rule of 3. I look for 3 games currently out that I want and 3 more coming out in the near future. If I have that, then I'll buy a console.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#5FoppePosted 2/13/2013 6:56:35 AM
It's one week until the announcement so you might as well wait and see what they have to say.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#6Virus66Posted 2/13/2013 7:00:20 AM
Foppe posted...
It's one week until the announcement so you might as well wait and see what they have to say.

Realistically speaking, I highly doubt they'll announce a date, price point or even more than like... 1 game for the system. I'll expect just some basic details about the system and that they'll save most of the other details like games and release information for E3.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#7DarkAdonis123Posted 2/13/2013 7:00:43 AM
The Wii U isn't offering much right now, so you might as well wait.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#8MishimaBlood(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 7:10:15 AM
My problem is that even if PS4 gets announced id still want a Wii U lol.
Monster Hunter and FeXSmt make me want it so bad( I just hope its not in first person like the other Smt games). PS4 on the other hand will probably have Killzone4, Battlefield 4 and FFV13 on launch ( rumors always). Ill just wait a bit more I guess.
---
Not removing this until I see DMC5 announced
#9AkaneJonesPosted 2/13/2013 7:21:31 AM
I have no faith I Sony. Even if the system is magical more powerful than WiiU, how are they attracting Japanese devs. They only just switch to PS3 and aren't using the power as it is. I assume unless no backwards compatibility, they want to stick to PS3 because Sony never kills their old systems. And if there is no backwards compatibility they will probably ignore it anyway. Lets also get to the root of the other problem, Western Devs favor Microsoft first so Sony will just get ports.

This places Sony in the same field as Nintendo, and at this point Nintendo could take Sony's place in where Japanese devs put games. Remember consoles as a whole are on the out there. So sales aren't the same anymore. Also only NiS seems to stick to Sony like glue. So I can see all those Capcom, Namco Bandai, Konami, Tecmo/Koei, Square Enix games getting on WiiU once the gen gets in gear.

That leaves us a question do you like Sony stuff this past gen enough to drop money on them? Obviously you are open to Nintendo franchises or you wouldn't be asking the question. If it were western games you wanted you would be looking to the next MS system not Sony. But if you are debating I still say wait anyway, the WiiU is in the lull before it picks up right now.
#10DarkAdonis123Posted 2/13/2013 7:42:08 AM
MishimaBlood posted...
My problem is that even if PS4 gets announced id still want a Wii U lol.
Monster Hunter and FeXSmt make me want it so bad( I just hope its not in first person like the other Smt games). PS4 on the other hand will probably have Killzone4, Battlefield 4 and FFV13 on launch ( rumors always). Ill just wait a bit more I guess.

I'd sell you mine if I could.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue