Should I get a Wii U or...

#11DinglesteedPosted 2/13/2013 7:48:33 AM
I bought mine on launch day and love the system. The launch lineup was pretty good overall and have a lot of variety in games. I bought the deluxe console with:

NSMBU
Nintendo Land included
Zombi U
Tekken Tag 2
Call of Duty Black Ops 2
and I just bought Trine 2 last night seeing that it was on sale.

NSMBU, NintendoLand, and CoD are all great (if you like CoD games. I generally dislike them but with Wiimote it is a lot more fun to play, thought hard!).

Zombi U seems like a love or hate game. I enjoyed the little I've played so far - been busy with other games.

Tekken is awesome as well but I am terrible at fighters.

Trine 2... I can't recommend this game enough. Beautiful graphics, fun gameplay, and I believe they just added in a video chat feature with the online which is neat if you want people seeing your mug :)

Overall, I'm very happy with my console and Lego City and Monster Hunter will only make it better.
---
Playing: NSMBU, CoD: BO2, Zombi U, BF3, WoW, EVE Online, NHL 13
http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg
#12Reece504Posted 2/13/2013 11:17:05 PM
how does tekken tag 2 look compared to the other consoles? i might get a wii u i have the money to get it now was gonna wait till feb 17 when the zombiu bundle drop but i already have a ps3 n 360 i know i have a bad habbit of being the newest consoles so i dunno i know it took me awhile to get a ps3 but when i did i couldnt belived i missed out on uncharted series killzone (best graphics) and god of war series mgs4 was good too just dont wanna feel like that with the wii u (missing out)
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez
#13iKhanicPosted 2/13/2013 11:20:04 PM
Since you don't have a Wii right now, you should definitely get a Wii U for the backward compatibility and for the upcoming new games.. While a lot of gamers like to whine about motion controls, they are actually extremely fun as long as you don't expect traditional gameplay.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#14DiscostewSMPosted 2/13/2013 11:22:35 PM
While I don't have a major interest in the PS4, you probably should wait and see what's up with the announcement, and then decide afterwards.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#15PhoenixPrincePosted 2/13/2013 11:28:50 PM
Well.. Depends when you want it. If you're really patient, you could wait until E3 to see if there's anything new coming to the Wii U that especially interests you or vice versa for the PS4.
---
I tell it how I see it. Controversial and I don't care.
#16ADHDguitarPosted 2/13/2013 11:29:29 PM
Obviously wait until the 20th. Just 6 days and then you can compare.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#17DemonDog666Posted 2/13/2013 11:34:31 PM
MishimaBlood posted...
wait for a possible ps4 announcement? I assume that if ps4 gets announced on the 20th it ll be out in 2014( late maybe) and I dont really have enough money to buy consoles every year.
The Wii never got my attention tbh, but this one did. It seems to me that the WiiU has got potential and that controller/screen thing can actually be very helpful. The games coming out are also great ( Bayonetta 2, FEXSmt, MH3U).
What do you think?

I think you shouldn't call games that aren't out great and the MH3U is a wii port. Also wiiU won't be getting next gen mulitplats the online system is a joke and the tablet screen controller has already done everything worthwhile it's going to do.
#18_Sovereign_Posted 2/13/2013 11:37:35 PM
The only right answer is to the question, are there any games out currently ( or shortly on the horizon) that interest you? If yes, then buy as there is no price drop coming soon. If no, then wait.

I find it odd that you wouldn't be able to save enough money in a years time to afford a new console as well. Then again, I view everyone on here as adults ( .....I should probably stop doing that, at least on this board)
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#19DynheartPosted 2/13/2013 11:58:43 PM(edited)
If you wait, then the Wii U will have games. The PS4 will have the same woes, some will the 720. These two systems will not be immune to the train wreck that is the launch/launch window curse.

So. Either buy now, get some good games that are out now:

NSMBU
Nintendo Land (great co-op game, if you like couch co-op)
Zombi U (this is a good launch game, not great..there's a patch otw)
Scribblenauts
Black Ops II (bought this for my nephew, it's fun to mess around with it once and awhile)
Trine 2
The Cave
Nano Assault Neo
Balloon Fight (yea, I'm picking up all the 30 year anni games).

This is my list of games. A solid list of games. I plan on getting

The Sonic Racing game
Lego City Undercover
NFSMWU
Monster Hunter 3G

I'll have this by mid April. I may pick up AC 3 as well (maybe the 360 version...still debating).

Put it together, and that's a pretty good list of games. And I haven't beaten them all...and I'm have the Sonic racing game, Lego game, NFSMWU game, and Monster Hunter 3G to tie me over until E3.

That will be all with in the first 5 months of the game, and there are still plenty of good games to buy for the system. There are still games I want too...I can't buy them all, now can I.

I did that (not really...still had to hold back) on the 360, and now I have a 70 game backlog I'm chipping away at.

Or you wait...see what happens. As you can see from me previous sentence, there are still plenty of games out, and good ones. People are making a big deal about graphics around here. Just play what you enjoy, and buy the console where you think the games will be the most fun for you, not the the other person.
---
Currently playing: L.A Noire, NSMBU
NNID // XBL: Dynheart
#20Reece504Posted 2/14/2013 12:01:05 PM
On my ps3 I only play fighting games because of the dpad and all the exclusives like I have almost every exclusive missing a few like mag n haze n like 3 more gotta check pretty much just got all the good exclusives on my 360 I mainly have shooters n xbla titles now with the wii u I saw smash brothers n of of course Mario n zombie u caught my eye but although Mario is fun n zombiu looks good ima horror shooter sucker but is the wii u worth getting for zombi u or for there exclusives?
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez