EA CEO does NOT say that EA will not support Wii U (all must read)

#51Faceman_Posted 2/13/2013 11:54:01 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#52JKatarnPosted 2/14/2013 12:01:01 AM
Now now children, any more arguments and you'll be put in timeout during recess, and there will be no juice and cookies for you!
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#53Sir_HaxorPosted 2/14/2013 12:02:13 AM
JKatarn posted...
Now now children, any more arguments and you'll be put in timeout during recess, and there will be no juice and cookies for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BbRffBCeYw
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#54TheFlamingCPosted 2/14/2013 12:03:33 AM
I'm going to be honest, anyone who was expecting major Western support for the Wii U was setting themselves up for disappointment. Western 3rd parties always make up some excuse as to why they won't bother, or when they do they half ass it.
---
Nope, don't have a sig. Maybe later.
#55GdboyratedloudPosted 2/14/2013 12:03:45 AM
Faceman_ posted...
EA has nothing but terrible sports games. They need to go the way of that coward Trayvon Martin and also THQ.

I hope you burn in hell son of a bxxxx
---
PSN: JamesDeanONdaLOW
List of drones exposed: SSJ4CHRIS
#56wskingwsPosted 2/14/2013 12:04:29 AM
hellbringher posted...
Terotrous posted...
hellbringher posted...
Edit ~ that's old as hell. Updated info states otherwise. Sooooooo old.

The "updated info" simply links back to this article:

We recently heard from Riccitiello (this links back to the article above), who said that the company is investing heavily in what it's calling "gen-four" consoles: the next systems from Sony and from Microsoft but not, in his estimation, Nintendo's Wii U.

That's also an inaccurate paraphrase as he does not say the latter part.

And also, if that article is "sooo old", the fact that NFS Most Wanted is coming out for Wii U months after he made that statement should be all the proof you need that they have no plans to abandon support for Wii U.

Need for speed was in development long before the Wii U launched. After seeing sales and the complexity of the gamepad EA has changed plans. I'm sorry if you can comprehend the obvious. Name one EA game planned for the Wii U after Need for Speed. Which is it? Is EA bad or good fanboys? It's beyond embarrassing. Just stop it.

What's embarrassing is that you're ALWAYS on this board Eventhough you don't like the wii u...I'm guessing you're momma didn't hug you enough so you come here looking for the attention you don't get at home ...embarrassing .
---
Twitter: @KINGSNATIONN
#57JKatarnPosted 2/14/2013 6:21:57 PM
wskingws posted...
hellbringher posted...
Terotrous posted...
hellbringher posted...
Edit ~ that's old as hell. Updated info states otherwise. Sooooooo old.

The "updated info" simply links back to this article:

We recently heard from Riccitiello (this links back to the article above), who said that the company is investing heavily in what it's calling "gen-four" consoles: the next systems from Sony and from Microsoft but not, in his estimation, Nintendo's Wii U.

That's also an inaccurate paraphrase as he does not say the latter part.

And also, if that article is "sooo old", the fact that NFS Most Wanted is coming out for Wii U months after he made that statement should be all the proof you need that they have no plans to abandon support for Wii U.

Need for speed was in development long before the Wii U launched. After seeing sales and the complexity of the gamepad EA has changed plans. I'm sorry if you can comprehend the obvious. Name one EA game planned for the Wii U after Need for Speed. Which is it? Is EA bad or good fanboys? It's beyond embarrassing. Just stop it.

What's embarrassing is that you're ALWAYS on this board Eventhough you don't like the wii u...I'm guessing you're momma didn't hug you enough so you come here looking for the attention you don't get at home ...embarrassing .

Which is exactly what you're giving him/her - deprive a troll of attention and they'll get bored and troll somewhere else.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#58SSJ4CHRISPosted 2/14/2013 6:30:40 PM
Terotrous posted...
This board has been taken over by rampant stupidity today so this topic has to be made:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/185850/EAs_CEO_talks_about_violence_the_Steam_Box_and_why_Wii_U_isnt_nextgen.php#.URv5Xh3WLUQ

All must read this article in full, or at least this specific quote:

Never count Nintendo out. They've got some of the best IP in the game industry. When their marquee titles show up, that's when you usually see the bounce. I deeply respect the achievements they've had over the last several years. And as I said, you never really count them out.

Having said that, I wouldn't say that we see a correlation between the results that Nintendo has shown with their console debut of the Wii U and what we see coming. We see a pretty sharp distinction, and unfortunately I'm unable to go any further than that.

Ours is an industry where a lot of devices come in and represent themselves as the next generation, or the next generation after that. In many ways we would argue that the what we're describing as "gen 4" is yet to come. It's that that we're excited about, and that's what we're investing in. And frankly, we've been quite consistent with that for some time, while recognizing the frustration our inability to articulate precisely why causes for you.

This is what the EA CEO says about Wii U. Note that he does not say that EA will not support Wii U. The worst thing he says is that they're excited for the next-gen consoles and they're investing in them. All of this ludicrous talk about "Who needs EA anyway?" is based off of absolutely nothing. EA is releasing a game for Wii U next month, and no doubt they will continue to do so. If EA is known for anything, it's porting their games to as many systems as possible.

Just remember that the fanboys were the ones saying all that, so the stupidity is all on them. EA letting Criterion make the Wii U version of NFE:MW with unique gamepad features and not just a map is more than the companies that claim Wii U is "very powerful" and "a great system" have done so far. They are just talk with no games coming to Wii U, but the company that "hates Nintendo" outdoes them. Think about that for awhile.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#59Xcalibur02Posted 2/14/2013 7:04:19 PM
JKatarn posted...

Is that you, Rasputin?
---
Grammar: The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****