Need For Speed Most Wanted U features best visuals, true Miiverse integration

#1bigjclassicPosted 2/13/2013 7:04:36 PM
"http://www.nintendo-nation.net/need-for-speed-most-wanted-u/"

"Alex Ward from Criterion Games has given the folk at GamesRadar a developer demo of newly named Wii U racer Need For Speed: Most Wanted U (see the video below), and in it we’re reassured that Criterion aren’t doing a quick port job to our new little games box.

First up, it’s technically impressive, with lighting, textures and assets being based off the prettier PC version, making it “by far the best looking version of the game”. Alex Ward then went on to mention that they’ve reworked the evening visuals to a result which he described as the prettiest night-time they’ve ever accomplished so far.

Add to this an always-on asymmetric game mode, where another player can either help (or hinder) the person on the TV – aimed at getting people to play together and overcoming a player’s particular weaknesses and Alex Ward expressed how the development team made a real effort to understand what Wii U and its GamePad is all about.

Interestingly this meant reading through Wii U related Iwata Asks. And returning to development after they spent some time with their own Wii Us at home.

The biggest draw to us, however, is the integration between Autolog and Miiverse in-game, making Need For Speed Most Wanted U the first third party Wii U game to properly integrate Miiverse into the game experience.

Criterion will be letting us share our Autolog achievements to the Wii U community on Miiverse with a tag and a tailor-made 100 character brag/post/weep/hurrah, just like in New Super Mario Bros U.

So we’ll be inviting everyone to tackle our best achievements, not just people on our friends list. Excellent."

Nice. Glad to see a western dev take the console seriously. Good job
---
NNID(WiiU): Ryusaki_J PSN: classicviolence
My channel: youtube.com/classicviolence
#2Virus66Posted 2/13/2013 7:11:48 PM
This is the third party game to show all of the others how to properly put a port on the system. Sadly, I still see this game not selling well for one reason or another.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#3keybladeXIIIPosted 2/13/2013 7:12:47 PM
They said the same thing for Aliens: Colonial Marines.
---
I hate seeing sigs with PC specs on them.
PSN: tookhster ------ Proud owner of a Wii, PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita, and now a Wii U!
#4NewbiusPosted 2/13/2013 7:14:08 PM
keybladeXIII posted...

Except we already know that this Need for Speed is really good.
#5lowuwPosted 2/13/2013 7:14:40 PM
Is the demo available? I can't find it.
#6teamaquashockPosted 2/13/2013 7:36:57 PM
This is why I love Criterion. They're probably one of the best Game Studios existing right now. I've played all their games starting from Burnout 1 on the PS2.
---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-" 3DS Friend Code: 0430-9368-3384
#7Zato InfinitePosted 2/13/2013 7:42:58 PM
As I have stated previously, I just hope Wii U owners put their money where their mouths are and actually go out and buy the game.
#8ORANGE666Posted 2/13/2013 7:47:46 PM
keybladeXIII posted...

Criterion also said the Vita version of most wanted looked the exact same as the PS3 version except with a lower resolution. Wasn't even close
---
Posted using GameFlux Android App
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mrelte.gameflux
#9ORANGE666Posted 2/13/2013 7:47:46 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10SSJ4CHRISPosted 2/13/2013 8:02:24 PM
Funny how so many people here whine about EA, but they are the few 3rd party companies to publish a game on Wii U with real gamepad features.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.