Need For Speed Most Wanted U features best visuals, true Miiverse integration

#11phineasfoolPosted 2/13/2013 8:07:01 PM
Virus66 posted...
This is the third party game to show all of the others how to properly put a port on the system. Sadly, I still see this game not selling well for one reason or another.

Criterion was also the first ones to show that you could do good ports on the PS3 with Burnout Paradise. They generally do their best to utilize each system well.
---
PSN - phineasfool GT- phineasfool NNID - phineasfool
#12StickMen1090Posted 2/13/2013 8:08:44 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
Funny how so many people here whine about EA, but they are the few 3rd party companies to publish a game on Wii U with real gamepad features.

doesnt really make up for any mistakes lol...
#13LifelessBoyPosted 2/13/2013 8:09:06 PM
The Need for Speed series stopped being relevant to me after I played Forza Motorsport 4.

I'm not into car games very much but Forza is amazing.
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/YFAL%20Putipuelko
Don't flame me bro. GT: YFAL Putipuelko - PSN: LifelessLoser - Steam ID: YFAL_Putipuelko
#14_Sovereign_Posted 2/13/2013 11:18:50 PM
LifelessBoy posted...
The Need for Speed series stopped being relevant to me after I played Forza Motorsport 4.

I'm not into car games very much but Forza is amazing.

I found that to be quite the opposite for me. Forza, while good in the beginning, quickly becomes mind-numbingly boring. Burnout ( or NFS in this case as that is what it is underneath) is always high octane, adrenaline pumping, arcade style driving. I guess they're peas in separate pods anyway.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#15ZBug_Posted 2/13/2013 11:47:32 PM
That actually sounds very cool. I hope it sells well.
I don't really have an idea but how popular are the need for speed games?
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#16niels200683Posted 2/14/2013 12:37:36 AM
Zato Infinite posted...
As I have stated previously, I just hope Wii U owners put their money where their mouths are and actually go out and buy the game.

The only need for speeds I ever bought were 1 euro, used during a special sale - both for gamecube.

I loved Burnout Paradise, though... and I'm anxious for more Wii U games so i will make an exception and have preordered this one.
---
I'm famous on Miiverse, you know.
-Curse all these sock-eating gnomes!-
#17nonexistingheroPosted 2/14/2013 12:59:17 AM(edited)
Would need to see some comparison images and a trailer though. But most of all, the performance should be equal or better as well.

EDIT: Wait, I'm being stupid. I didn't notice the video, thought it was just some random image.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#18nonexistingheroPosted 2/14/2013 1:10:15 AM
Virus66 posted...
This is the third party game to show all of the others how to properly put a port on the system. Sadly, I still see this game not selling well for one reason or another.

I think it's more about them establashing a fanbase on the Wii U.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#19darkjedilinkPosted 2/14/2013 1:32:23 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
Would need to see some comparison images and a trailer though. But most of all, the performance should be equal or better as well.

EDIT: Wait, I'm being stupid. I didn't notice the video, thought it was just some random image.

I watched that video and compared it to some HD youtube videos of the 360 version, and it's definitely improved - everything he said is obvious. The Wii U version has better lighting, shadows, effects, textures, draw distance; he said in the video that the framerate is higher, and I saw nothing to dispute that claim. The framerate is AT LEAST as good as the 360 version while running the assets from the PC version at an undisclosed resolution.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#20Auction SniperPosted 2/14/2013 1:35:47 AM
Seeing as the Wii U has more than double the ram of the Sony and Ms boxes, it would make sense for the textures to have more detail.
---
I sleep in a racing car, do you?