I need help with wii u gamepad repair

#1sjc1279Posted 2/13/2013 10:06:58 PM
I dropped my gamepad and half of the screen is cracked. Anyone know where I can contact to get it repaired?
#2PSOLavisPosted 2/13/2013 10:07:45 PM
1. Be more careful next time. 2. Call support and shell out $160.
#3sjc1279(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 10:10:00 PM
PSOLavis posted...
1. Be more careful next time. 2. Call support and shell out $160.

$160 for replacement or repair?
#4DiscostewSMPosted 2/13/2013 10:13:20 PM
Pretty sure it was closer to $85 for Gamepad repairs outside of warranty. $175 for console repairs. Chances are because it wasn't normal wear-n-tear or defective, you'll have to pay for it.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#5sjc1279(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 10:14:23 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
Pretty sure it was closer to $85 for Gamepad repairs outside of warranty. $175 for console repairs. Chances are because it wasn't normal wear-n-tear or defective, you'll have to pay for it.

$85 for screen repair? If I send it in for repair how long will it take to get it back?
#6PSOLavisPosted 2/13/2013 10:17:13 PM
My experiences with repairs of any electronics tend to be short term repairs. Maybe Nintendo is the exception, but shelling out $85 for something that may stop working 1 month later is not smart to me. Although I may have jsut had bad luck with repairs in general >_>
#7DiscostewSMPosted 2/13/2013 10:18:33 PM
sjc1279 posted...
DiscostewSM posted...

$85 for screen repair? If I send it in for repair how long will it take to get it back?

Would imagine up to 2 weeks, but depending on when it is sent in, it could be less. I sent in my 3DS a couple of times, and it was usually 1 to 1-1/2 weeks to get it back. Call up Nintendo and request a repair, telling them what's wrong. Obviously because it hasn't been a year since launch, you have it under warranty, but it's not guaranteed to be free with the type of damage placed on it.
---
#8sjc1279(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 10:21:06 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
sjc1279 posted...
DiscostewSM posted...

Would imagine up to 2 weeks, but depending on when it is sent in, it could be less. I sent in my 3DS a couple of times, and it was usually 1 to 1-1/2 weeks to get it back. Call up Nintendo and request a repair, telling them what's wrong. Obviously because it hasn't been a year since launch, you have it under warranty, but it's not guaranteed to be free with the type of damage placed on it.

I can pay $85 if I have to. I just want it back before MH gets released.
#9DiscostewSMPosted 2/13/2013 10:21:22 PM
PSOLavis posted...
My experiences with repairs of any electronics tend to be short term repairs. Maybe Nintendo is the exception, but shelling out $85 for something that may stop working 1 month later is not smart to me. Although I may have jsut had bad luck with repairs in general >_>

If it stops working a month after purchasing it at no fault of the user, Nintendo will repair it for free via 1 year warranty. The warranty also gets renewed to a full year after each repair.
---
#10sjc1279(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 10:23:04 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
PSOLavis posted...

If it stops working a month after purchasing it at no fault of the user, Nintendo will repair it for free via 1 year warranty. The warranty also gets renewed to a full year after each repair.

I guess I better call support and find out my options tomorrow. Thanks for the help.