Aliens: Colonel Marines.

#11_Sovereign_Posted 2/13/2013 11:28:28 PM
I was pumped for it. Gearbox was praising it left and right ( and the Wii U version at that), and their track record with BiA and Borderlands is good so I couldn't wait.

However, it seems that they like to take on other projects not started by them and finish them. DNF only had them put it in a playable state, so I don't blame them for that.
A:CM apparently is the same thing, maybe, as 2 other devs had it before Gearbox...I'm not sure who to blame for this.

All I know is that GB needs to stop putting their names on other peoples' work, it's bad for business!
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#12ADHDguitarPosted 2/13/2013 11:37:59 PM
cavebear56 posted...

Gearbox once again proves they are "ok" at best.

Hype was almost non-existent outside of of some overly enthusiastic fans of the Aliens franchise or blind Gearbox fans.

Somebody hasn't played Borderlands 2.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#13Faceman_Posted 2/13/2013 11:44:38 PM
Yes. Got the PS3 version and will be getting the Wii U version. It's a great game, people just hate it because it isn't a cookie cutter fps like halo and cod. These days doing something different = bad game or hardware. I remember back when gamers were respectable :/
#14snae99Posted 2/14/2013 12:08:39 AM
MathewManson posted...
snae99 posted...
No. I always thought that game looked like crap and couldn't believe it had any hype.

Graphically or in general?

In general. It didn't look very special and certainly not worth my money. Looks like I was right too.
---
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening
#15horror_spookyPosted 2/14/2013 1:57:31 AM
Faceman_ posted...
Yes. Got the PS3 version and will be getting the Wii U version. It's a great game, people just hate it because it isn't a cookie cutter fps like halo and cod. These days doing something different = bad game or hardware. I remember back when gamers were respectable :/

That's weird because I don't like it because it's a bad game.
---
Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions.
www.cheatmasters.com
#16Rasputin77Posted 2/14/2013 6:40:56 AM
I told DTY I would hold out until there was a general consensus that the Wii U version was superior (and I thought it could be)... but after this clusterf***, lol, I don't think I'll bother with it at all.

Looks like I have even more time to clean up that backlog. A sign from the video gaming gods!
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#17TheStarCorePosted 2/14/2013 6:53:58 AM
I was going to buy it on Wii U, but due to it being later than the rest I bought the PC version
#18deathsaber79Posted 2/14/2013 6:58:28 AM
I'll admit, I was interestsed in a possible Wii U release, but this time apparently it coming to ps3/360 1st was a blessing in disguise.

Its amazing how they hype up a game as a AAA extravaganza, and then post release all this stuff comes up (Gearbox hardly had any real involvement, it was in development hell for 6+ years, Gearbox knew the game was crap, but had to release because Sega was ready to sue them for not releasing the game after so long.)

The truth is, Gearbox probably hardly cares. They are now a Borderlands factory, and that IP will be milked for eternity.