C/D Nintendo should have delayed the Wii U by a few months

#1iKhanicPosted 2/13/2013 11:18:20 PM
They still haven't gotten every feature up and running, and it lacked a proper first party system seller.

I feel like the first part really reflects poorly on Nintendo, while the second part is the major reason sales aren't too hot. If Nintendo had waited long enough so that they could speed up production of Pikmin 3 to release it at launch, I feel like the Wii U would be selling better right now. Plus the lack of features is leading people to give it lower reviews than normal, because they can't take the updated features into account.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2DiscostewSMPosted 2/13/2013 11:19:43 PM
D - Launches usually are bad, and the Wii U's launch was better than most.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#3ClayBFXPosted 2/13/2013 11:22:58 PM
Keep in mind it took Sony nearly 5 years to finally fully roll out Home, and it still doesn't offer the vast majority of what was promised.
---
GT: ClayIsGod
#4_Sovereign_Posted 2/13/2013 11:35:18 PM
Nintendo had a proper 1st party game - NSMBU. The numbers alone ( sans NSMB2) of the previous entries guaranteed that game it's spot. It will sell just as well.

No system comes out nowadays with all its intended features.
360 was stated to be a multimedia hub ( *shudders) and most of that didn't start taking place until 2 years ago.
PS3, and Home as previously described, isn't even meeting most of what was intended. Or how about that Folding@home thing? PSP / VITA cross play?
Even a few DS and Wii features never amounted to more than a nod here and there...did any developer really use some of the lesser known wii-mote features?

Nintendo did fine at launch, had better games than any previous launch ( competitors included), and improved the wait time of feature implementation greatly over what we experienced with the 3DS.

Give them a little more time to wow you. By the end of this years E3, you won't want to go anywhere else :-)
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#5ZBug_Posted 2/13/2013 11:36:01 PM
They shouldn't have announced it so early. THAT was the problem
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#6iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 11:52:44 PM
_Sovereign_ posted...
Nintendo had a proper 1st party game - NSMBU. The numbers alone ( sans NSMB2) of the previous entries guaranteed that game it's spot. It will sell just as well.

No system comes out nowadays with all its intended features.
360 was stated to be a multimedia hub ( *shudders) and most of that didn't start taking place until 2 years ago.
PS3, and Home as previously described, isn't even meeting most of what was intended. Or how about that Folding@home thing? PSP / VITA cross play?
Even a few DS and Wii features never amounted to more than a nod here and there...did any developer really use some of the lesser known wii-mote features?

Nintendo did fine at launch, had better games than any previous launch ( competitors included), and improved the wait time of feature implementation greatly over what we experienced with the 3DS.

Give them a little more time to wow you. By the end of this years E3, you won't want to go anywhere else :-)

I'm plenty wowed actually. I just like Nintendo and want whats best for them

I haven't bought the Wii U yet pretty much because it doesn't have any games I was excited about. I don't play FPSs, so ZombiU was out. I'm not a big fan of the NSMB series either, and If I got scribblenauts, I'd have to hide it from everyone I know (too embarassing). The only two games I wanted to play were NintendoLand and Batman: Arkham City, and that's not worth a Wii U investment for me.

Plus right now I'd rather play Ni No Kuni than either of those games, so it looks like I'm going to get a PS3 first.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US