Best TV for wii u?

#1berenddebeerPosted 2/14/2013 12:37:55 AM
I wanna buy a nee tv for my wii u and i am a real graphics *******. What brand should i go with, samsung or sonie? I want the best technology. Don't want a hardware developer to hold my gaming back!
#2kamikaze135Posted 2/14/2013 12:41:09 AM
I got this on sale a few months back:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0071O4EKU/ref=oh_details_o08_s01_i00

My Wii U looks great on it....after days of trying to calibrate the thing since I suck at that.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#3berenddebeer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 12:45:12 AM
kamikaze135 posted...
I got this on sale a few months back:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0071O4EKU/ref=oh_details_o08_s01_i00

My Wii U looks great on it....after days of trying to calibrate the thing since I suck at that.

So u think this better than sonie
#4kamikaze135Posted 2/14/2013 12:47:03 AM
Only on Thursdays
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#5Prototype82Posted 2/14/2013 12:52:42 AM(edited)
A typical black and white TV will do just fine.
#6Auction SniperPosted 2/14/2013 1:30:32 AM
A 90+ inch 4k tv is the best option, but is far out of reach for most gamers at the moment.
---
I sleep in a racing car, do you?
#7berenddebeer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 2:00:40 AM
Auction Sniper posted...
A 90+ inch 4k tv is the best option, but is far out of reach for most gamers at the moment.

Why
#8noutBrPosted 2/14/2013 2:54:37 AM
Auction Sniper posted...

Unless there is some 4k material it won't have any significant benefits over a regular 1080p display...

Besides, OLED HDTV is a far more interesting development as far as the future of HDTV goes because it actually improves the image in a significant way regardless of the resolution

But to answer the TC, when buying an HDTV you should first determine your budget. When you know what you want to spend on an HDTV you can determine what you value more, picture quality, size or maybe energy consumption and heat produced. Plasma at this moment still has the best picture quality but uses up way more power and generates more heat than LCD and LED(LCD with LED backlight, generally only edge-lit). Also, go as big as your budget (and taste) allows. Trust me, you'll get used to a big TV fast and you'll thank me later :)
Also, don't let all the different HDTVs on display in stores fool you. If a TV shows a better picture it is often because it wasn't calibrated properly in order to make the other model look superior. Go with the facts on the spec sheet and do a bit of research and read some reviews.

I currently own a 32" HDTV, it's about 7-8 years old and at the time I was told by the salesman that 32" would even be too big for the room I had haha. As for me, I'm going to buy a new TV soon and I'm thinking about buying a ~60" LED HDTV to replace my current TV.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#9The_King82Posted 2/14/2013 3:18:50 AM
Prototype82 posted...
A typical black and white TV will do just fine.

Yep, this.
#10Red_hot_smasherPosted 2/14/2013 4:15:34 AM
The primary thing to consider when it comes to gaming is the latency (panel response time + input lag due to scaling etc.). You don't want anything higher than 50 ms, ideally under 20 ms.
---
All these organizations for human rights, and yet noone cares about the victims of copyright law. ;(
Sierpinski Triangle = Yo dawg, I heard you like Triforces.