IF Aliens comes to Wii U watch this first

#1ElectricKaibutuPosted 2/14/2013 2:24:35 AM
If it ends up actually being released, watch this video before buying it. This is a comparison between the gameplay demo and the released game. Wow, wtf happened?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lGXDM3LGnk&feature=share&list=UUR1wCXM9e7NshYfonwa5BAg
#2Faceman_Posted 2/14/2013 2:37:17 AM
All that demo gameplay was of the Wii U version.
#3MathewMansonPosted 2/14/2013 5:12:26 AM
Faceman_ posted...

---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
#4jeff4433V2Posted 2/14/2013 5:39:58 AM
If it were the Wii U version it would make sense not to show any gameplay of it until after the 360 and PS3 versions would release to maximize sales on those systems first. We'll have to wait and see.
#5nonexistingheroPosted 2/14/2013 5:42:54 AM
Faceman_ posted...

Doubtful, because even the PC version looks like crap.

Really though, this downgrade is gigantic. The gameplay demo looked very atmospheric and fighting the aliens looked much more intense. But everything looks and animates like an average PS2 FPS in HD.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#6monkeyspoonPosted 2/14/2013 5:52:57 AM
Faceman_ posted...

No it wasn't. Even the pc version looks worse and the WiiU has no chance of looking better than that.
---
PSN ID: monkeyspoon, XBL ID: monkeyspoon, Nintendo Network ID: monkeyspoon "I own the Vita and hate it" ShadowfxD2 (but still trolls the vita board)
#7sythe343Posted 2/14/2013 6:02:42 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
Faceman_ posted...

Doubtful, because even the PC version looks like crap.

Really though, this downgrade is gigantic. The gameplay demo looked very atmospheric and fighting the aliens looked much more intense. But everything looks and animates like an average PS2 FPS in HD.

It looks like someone who never saw the movies or played any other Aliens game demo'ed it and was like, "Oh its too dark. I can't see the aliens. OH thats too gruesome. Well, the planet looks cool, but it's just too much. OH, it's still too scary." It's like everything in that Demo version was A+ material. Something I would love to play through, but the final looks like Generic space mareen FPS number 3,423.

The thing i'm most unhappy about is the Demo has 10X the atmosphere of the final product. and something as small as that Crack in the glass they show a couple times was unnerving.

I can't believe they butchered the game up that bad. I mean really, i hadn't seen anything about ACM up until recently so i wasn't hyped or anything, but I watched the Demo, and I'm excited to play that demo. Where's that?
---
Jumping feet first into hell isn't your job, making sure it's full when you get there is.
PSN: DedSythe XBL:Ser MeatShield
#8Rasputin77Posted 2/14/2013 6:46:13 AM
MathewManson posted...
Faceman_ posted...

Adorable.
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#9MathewMansonPosted 2/14/2013 6:50:54 AM
Rasputin77 posted...
MathewManson posted...
Faceman_ posted...

Adorable.

I don't agree with him. I just thought it was funny.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
#10teamaquashockPosted 2/14/2013 6:57:06 AM
It's like they worked backwards.
---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-" 3DS Friend Code: 0430-9368-3384