That was as good as the last Nintendo DIrect!

#41atopp399Posted 2/14/2013 8:38:43 AM(edited)
I thought it was pretty good. I am just disappointed in SquareEnix. They are bleeding millions of dollars right now but will not bring over a hit game like Bravely Default for some reason. As for Nintendo, they are announcing and developing as much as they can internally. I will admit my Wii U has entered a dry spell after finishing Zombi U, Mario and Scribllenauts. Nintendo can't really fix that for many months either as announcements usually come months before releases. Monster Hunter hopefully will satisfy some people but that's a pretty niche game here. Games like wonderful 101 and pikmin that keep getting delayed are really hurting Nintendo.

I am not sure what 3rd party developers need from Nintendo to start taking them seriously and not pulling crap like what Ubisoft has done with Rayman. I am not sure anyone knows. Somehow they need 3rd party support but I'm not sure what that will take. Maybe Nintendo charges too much to licence or something? I have no idea and I doubt anyone outside the business knows.

At this point it seems like Sony needs to get out of the handheld game and Nintendo needs to get out of the console game.
#42RuneArcanisPosted 2/14/2013 8:36:35 AM
gray_fox_00 posted...
Sammycakes2604 posted...
Nerdstick posted...
Surprise announcements of another Mario Sports game, another Mario RPG, and a Donkey Kong Port.

Surprise announcements of another Mario Sports game, another Mario RPG

another Mario Sports game, another Mario RPG

another Mario RPG

YESSSSS

Been waiting so long for another Mario RPG

It will probably be another lame RPG like the Paper Mario Series. The Mario & Luigi ones were ok, but we need a great RPG again like Seven Stars.
#43gray_fox_00Posted 2/14/2013 8:41:48 AM
RuneArcanis posted...
gray_fox_00 posted...
Sammycakes2604 posted...
Nerdstick posted...
Surprise announcements of another Mario Sports game, another Mario RPG, and a Donkey Kong Port.

another Mario RPG

YESSSSS

It will probably be another lame RPG like the Paper Mario Series. The Mario & Luigi ones were ok, but we need a great RPG again like Seven Stars.

That's what I'm hoping for.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#44atopp399Posted 2/14/2013 8:42:03 AM
RuneArcanis posted...
gray_fox_00 posted...
Sammycakes2604 posted...
Nerdstick posted...

another Mario RPG

YESSSSS

Too bad Legend of the Seven Stars was developed by Square and they don't know what they are doing any more.
#45AZHood321Posted 2/14/2013 8:51:07 AM
bleedingelite posted...
So, you're complaining because you went into something, knowing what it was, and then got disappointed when it turned out to not be something that you knew it wasn't?

Not going to bother explaining again.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/AZHood321
Nintendo Network ID: AZHood
#46freutty2Posted 2/14/2013 10:10:13 AM
It was a good solid Direct in my opinion.
---
GE: Z:Tael 0193-8910-3838 Conduit 2 : 3138-6925-0692 Pokemon Black:3225-1688-5979
#47Prototype82Posted 2/14/2013 2:01:04 PM
Such low expectations from Nintendrones.
#48XWolfOPosted 2/14/2013 2:04:42 PM
Prototype82 posted...
Such low expectations

Better than having high, unrealistic expectations and then whining and crying all over internet for months to come when there was no chance of that happening in the first place.

As for the topic, I agree. It was pretty good.
---
It's-a me!
#49iKhanicPosted 2/14/2013 2:21:52 PM
This Nintendo direct was terrible. We haven't gotten a new mobile Zelda game in 4 years, and they didn't even announce one today.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US