So, to those that argued that Nintendo doesn't tend to milk 2D Mario...

#1kissdadookiePosted 2/14/2013 8:40:45 AM
Really?

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/14/super-luigi-u-dlc-announced-for-new-super-mario-bros-u-coming/

If that doesn't clearly show how Nintendo doesn't basically treat 2D Mario similarly to how Activision treated Guitar Heroes and CoD, then you are seriously in denial. How about when NSMB was basically released together on DS and Wii and then in close proximity, they also re-released the classic Mario collection on the Wii.

I'm not saying that Nintendo is doing anything wrong here, they are a business and they are trying to run it as a profitable business. 2D Marios tend to do the best out of everything they put out thus of course they will milk 2D Mario as much as they can. I simply do not understand why the fanboys came out to try to defend Nintendo and claim that Nintendo does not milk 2D Mario. Do these fanboys want Nintendo to just make terrible business decisions and fall off a cliff? Seriously now, any and all businesses are very smart and will prioritize what sells over things that don't sell nearly as well. Just because Nintendo says that they only release 1 2D Mario per platform, it doesn't mean that they don't milk the heck out of 2D Mario. Milking 2D Mario doesn't necessarily mean that they will just keep churning out brand new games. One has to take into account the frequency of Nintendo re-releasing 2D Mario games and now the impressive frequency (relative to Nintendo's snails pace development in general) of 2D Mario DLCs.

Smart business decisions here folks, not a knock on Nintendo. No need try to defend Nintendo for making good business decisions here folks.
#2KI SimpsonPosted 2/14/2013 8:42:41 AM
Years of "Why doesn't Nintendo just release (new Mario) as an expansion pack!?"

Nintendo announces game length expansion pack.

"Great, more rehashes!"
---
https://twitter.com/PaulClarkHelpMe
#3Wario_manPosted 2/14/2013 8:44:18 AM
All I want is a single-two player HD sprite based Mario game with more than a hundred levels with secret exists and areas that doesn't really on nostalgia or stuff released from previous Mario games. I want it to be able to stand on its own. I don't mind DLC levels or characters, I think that would be awesome but I'm just not really caring for Mario in its current state.
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#4kissdadookie(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 8:44:43 AM
KI Simpson posted...

"Great, more rehashes!"

It's the logical thing for Nintendo to do. I'm not complaining about it, I just really don't understand why some fanboys are so adament at defending Nintendo and trying to make it out as if Nintendo is not milking 2D Mario. I mean, they do the same for Pokemon, why? Because the damn things mint money for them. What do people want Nintendo to do? Experiment and innovate with each and every title they bring out so that they can most likely hemorrhage money?
#5gameboygreyPosted 2/14/2013 8:44:50 AM
I think people milk the term milking. Also who cares platformer games are Nintendo's bread n butter and Luigi getting love lately is LONG overdue.
---
Silver - Nick: 3910.9700.0274
#6MotiJrPosted 2/14/2013 8:45:38 AM(edited)
Oh stop being such a bitter baby. NSMBU is an excellent platformer and having a whole pile of new stages will be awesome. If you tried to enjoy games instead of being a cynical, jaded pseudogamer, you would probably have a lot more fun.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#7kissdadookie(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 8:46:13 AM
Wario_man posted...
All I want is a single-two player HD sprite based Mario game with more than a hundred levels with secret exists and areas that doesn't really on nostalgia or stuff released from previous Mario games. I want it to be able to stand on its own. I don't mind DLC levels or characters, I think that would be awesome but I'm just not really caring for Mario in its current state.

I feel that it's perfectly ok for them to milk 2D Mario. The money they make from them helps fund their other projects like hopefully a new Metroid, new 3D Mario, new hardware, etc.
#8DTY3Posted 2/14/2013 8:46:40 AM
So adding all new stages in as DLC rather than pumping out a new game *coughGalaxy 2* is milking now? Damn Nintendo for supporting their game!
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#9fon1988Posted 2/14/2013 8:47:03 AM
kissdadookie posted...
Really?

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/14/super-luigi-u-dlc-announced-for-new-super-mario-bros-u-coming/

If that doesn't clearly show how Nintendo doesn't basically treat 2D Mario similarly to how Activision treated Guitar Heroes and CoD, then you are seriously in denial. How about when NSMB was basically released together on DS and Wii and then in close proximity, they also re-released the classic Mario collection on the Wii.

I'm not saying that Nintendo is doing anything wrong here, they are a business and they are trying to run it as a profitable business. 2D Marios tend to do the best out of everything they put out thus of course they will milk 2D Mario as much as they can. I simply do not understand why the fanboys came out to try to defend Nintendo and claim that Nintendo does not milk 2D Mario. Do these fanboys want Nintendo to just make terrible business decisions and fall off a cliff? Seriously now, any and all businesses are very smart and will prioritize what sells over things that don't sell nearly as well. Just because Nintendo says that they only release 1 2D Mario per platform, it doesn't mean that they don't milk the heck out of 2D Mario. Milking 2D Mario doesn't necessarily mean that they will just keep churning out brand new games. One has to take into account the frequency of Nintendo re-releasing 2D Mario games and now the impressive frequency (relative to Nintendo's snails pace development in general) of 2D Mario DLCs.

Smart business decisions here folks, not a knock on Nintendo. No need try to defend Nintendo for making good business decisions here folks.

I remember NSMB being released in 2006 and it wasn't until the end of 2009 that we had NSMBWii. Also, the Mario collection was just a limited issue for Mario's 25 anniversary.
#10KI SimpsonPosted 2/14/2013 8:47:30 AM
kissdadookie posted...
KI Simpson posted...

"Great, more rehashes!"

It's the logical thing for Nintendo to do. I'm not complaining about it, I just really don't understand why some fanboys are so adament at defending Nintendo and trying to make it out as if Nintendo is not milking 2D Mario. I mean, they do the same for Pokemon, why? Because the damn things mint money for them. What do people want Nintendo to do? Experiment and innovate with each and every title they bring out so that they can most likely hemorrhage money?

If it's not a bad thing, why are you insisting on using a negative term for it? Nintendo kept their promise about NSMB being one per system and is still giving the fans essentially a new game in the series, complaining about this in any way is absurd.
---
https://twitter.com/PaulClarkHelpMe