CoD DLC = milking the franchise

#11OMG_AIDSPosted 2/14/2013 12:09:38 PM
Dinglesteed posted...
DifferentialEquation posted...
Dinglesteed posted...
Paying $15.00 for 4 maps and maybe a couple new weapons isn't the same as 80+levels reworked for a new character.

Especially when you consider there are probably what, three or four of those map pack DLC's per CoD?

Once Nintendo sees that they can get away with it too, they'll have DLC tunics and dungeons in the next Zeld, DLC carts and tracks in the next Mario Kart, etc.

They're not above making easy money if they can

So the free apps like Wii Street, content for Ninja Gaiden, and free Zen Pinball download doesn't show that they care about the customers more than making money? K.

Zen Pinball is a free download but all tables cost money to unlock.
---
XBL Gamertag - Goomba Stomper
Nintendo ID & PSN ID - Goomba_Stomper
#12lt519Posted 2/14/2013 12:10:33 PM
Elements012894 posted...
You know nobody had an issue with Blizzard, Rockstar and Borderlands expansions. Because they were done well, this expansion looks to be good as well.

I had a huge problem with some of the Borderlands DLC being too soon. I still think it is wrong to cut content and release it within weeks of a game launching. I'd even hate Nintendo if they did this, but this NSMBU content feels like more of an expansion that is going to have the development cycle of a full game.
#13DinglesteedPosted 2/14/2013 12:11:14 PM
Nintendo wouldn't pay google to use their maps and release it for free if they were a typical business who only looks at $$$.

And while true for Zen Pinball, it comes with trial tables as well.
---
Playing: NSMBU, CoD: BO2, Zombi U, BF3, WoW, EVE Online, NHL 13
http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg
#14AaronPHughesPosted 2/14/2013 12:14:31 PM
Having purchased COD maps, I can say that NSMB DLC is a better value IF priced right. COD map packs are $15 for 4 but if you play the game for hours on end then the maps become cheaper for the hours played.

I like Nintendo's strategy better than Activision or EA because I feel this is DLC done right. Capcom, EA, Activision give you 80% of the game and the other 20 is DLC. Whereas 2K, Nintendo and some others give you a full game and give you the option to purchase additional content that make them game more enjoyable.

On a side note, I disliked NSMB2s DLC because I felt it was a tacked on DLC feature whereas this DLC is a new game.
---
Systems Owned - 2600, 5200, NES, NES2, Gameboy, SNES, Virtual Boy, Gameboy Color, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, GBA, DS, DSLite, GBM, Wii, 360, 3DS, Wii U
#15JobocanPosted 2/14/2013 12:21:09 PM
It's not just the insanely overpriced DLC that makes CoD milked, it's the fact that there's 1-2 new games in that crap series every year.

I'll keep quiet on the Mario DLC until I see the price.

And before you say Mario also gets many games every year... Well let's just say there's not much in common between the golf, tennis, party, fighting, RPG, side-scrolling and 3D platformer games. Mario has some semblance of variety in his releases. CoD doesn't.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#16TrueBlue91Posted 2/14/2013 12:23:32 PM
Dinglesteed posted...
Nintendo wouldn't pay google to use their maps and release it for free if they were a typical business who only looks at $$$.

OMFG! Trial tables?! Nintendo loves us!

Nintendo is just as greedy (if not more) as the other companies out there. They're always trying to sell stupid accessories for all their consoles, their games never lower in price, their VC titles and other online content is laughably overpriced, the list goes on and on and on.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#17hrodwulfPosted 2/14/2013 12:25:04 PM
*facepalm*
#18Banjo2553Posted 2/14/2013 12:58:59 PM
hrodwulf posted...
*facepalm*

That's what I do every time people still try to scrounge up reasons to hate Nintendo and its fanbase. It's pathetic.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#19NarutoPosted 2/14/2013 1:07:59 PM
Dinglesteed posted...
Paying $15.00 for 4 maps and maybe a couple new weapons isn't the same as 80+levels reworked for a new character.
Luigi is not a new character, he's already playable in NSMBU.

Dinglesteed posted...
And all this time I've been looking at Google Maps and Street View for free on my computer, phone and tablet.

Dinglesteed posted...
Zen Pinball 2 is free on other systems as well.
#20trenkenPosted 2/14/2013 1:11:13 PM
Banjo2553 posted...
hrodwulf posted...
*facepalm*

That's what I do every time people still try to scrounge up reasons to hate Nintendo and its fanbase. It's pathetic.

Yeah milking old ideas and showing a complete inability to do anything exciting or new (which was what this company became famous for) is totally 'scrounging' up ideas.

Oh yeah, being dissatisfied with a company who has become pathetically lazy is a horrible reason to be unhappy with them. Derp. Fanboys. Nintendrones.

Defend their complacency if you want, that will keep them from ever putting any effort into doint anything new again. Nice job.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero